Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm counting yo-yo's!

This is one of the things on my worktable today. It's the latest block that I am adding to
"Comforts of Home" quilt. We are almost finished with the club, it's the second to the last block.
The other project that has been on-going for a few days now is COUNTING yo-yo's. And when I say counting I mean lots of it.
Mr. Honey and I have come up with a fool-proof way which involves lots of safety pins, strips of muslin and a calculator.....I'm sure glad that the game goes until the 18th because this takes some serious time! This is really fun--thanks and good luck to all those who are playing!

post signature

11 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

I loved going through your blog, Lori. You design lovely quilts. Something to remember for a later project (still have too many to go!) Good luck with your counting (O:

Nielson said...

Love those mr. and mrs. pillowcases!

Nanette Merrill said...

How darling. A bed! I love using themes from around the house.

Karen said...

I would like to settle into that bed for the night. :)

dream quilt create said...

I love the block and I love the way you took the picture with the little vintage things in the picture. You always do things so interestingly, Lori!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Your blog is just so darn cute! Happy counting.

Carrie P. said...

Oh! I like what is on your worktable. Those pillow cases are so cute. I am glad I don't have to count all those yo-yos.

Grandma Shell said...

Everything is sooo cute! Love your kitty clock, I have a similar one (real) that is a girl and her eyes move. My uncle brought it back for me when he was in Korea. (c. early 1950s)

I'm guessing around 4540 yo-yos in your quilt. (I'd go mad making that many!LOL)

Anonymous said...

Just when I think you make the cutest block ever... you go and make the CUTEST block EVER. The pillows.... weepy, weepy cute Lori!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Hi Lori--

Thanks for the blog visit and note! Your stuff is DARLING!! I know I've seen it before, but it's nice to make the connection.

I'm working hard at cutting your feedsacks! Thanks again---

Anonymous said...

Super cute block!

Related Posts with Thumbnails