Monday, March 2, 2009

Kitchen Stitchin

I thought it would be fun to show you some of the things that I've collected over the years and have around my house- some are displayed, some I use and some I have stacks of in cupboards or old picnic baskets (particularly embroidered linens of ALL kinds) because I like to switch them around from time to time and I don't have enough room to display them all at once!


Aprons and vintage linens are the things I have the most of in my collections. I have a soft spot in my heart for them and have a hard time passing them up anywhere! I'll show you a few of my aprons next " Vintage Monday "....


I ecspecially like "kitschy" style and have LOTS of kitchen linens. These three samplers are among my favorites.




Right now I have them hanging together in one corner of my kitchen. I think they make more of a statement together than apart. What do you think?






9 comments:

dream quilt create said...

They are gorgeous! They remind me of when I was a little girl and would visit my grandmother in Prince Edward Island. She had an old fashioned kitchen like that. I think they make more of a statement together than apart. I can hardly wait to see what you are going to blog about next....

PamKittyMorning said...

Ohhhh super cute. I love stuff like that.

happy zombie said...

Lori! I love your blog, love your patterns, your photos... I feel like I've landed in Cute Utopia! My morning plans are to put my to-do on hold (a common occurrence at my house), and give myself a good long stroll through your blog! Thanks for visiting my blog! xo-Monica

Cindy said...

Darling. I also see vintage-style tins that I think are darling. It's going to be fun getting to know you through your blog and all your wonderful photos.

Nanette Merrill said...

Definately together. They are darling. I love the vintage fan too. What is it about the vintage touch that makes me so happy? Love all of it.

Linda said...

Hey Lori! I love, love, love your blog! I am so glad I will bee able to keep tabs on you now! I will be one of your devoted blog stalkers! You amaze me! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with these fabulous gals, love everything! I also love vintage embroidered linens so much. Your framed ones look so nice hanging together. And that fan! It's wonderful. It looks like it would be good friends with my vintage aqua blender. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I'm looking forward to visiting here often. x

little acorns said...

I love how you have them framed & grouped! I too have vintage linens galore (I'm such a sucker for them!) - but they are stacked in my cupboard. You have given me a tug to go look through them again - in a whole new way! (love the little fan too!)
xo, Bren

Carrie P. said...

I just love all the stitcheries.
So cute. Almost forgot to tell you that I am here via Freda's Hive.

Related Posts with Thumbnails