Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Clothesline Club - Signiture Blocks

I went to Clothesline Club a couple of weeks ago and I'm just now getting around to showing you the pics....You know how summer is for everyone....busy, busy, BUSY!!!!
First I thought I would show you a few of the quilts that are hanging in the classroom at Quilts Etc. which is where we have the club.



This teapot quilt below was made by Sandra Mack who is in charge of the club and has it so well organized....I just love to go every month to see what she has planned for us....I think this quilt is so cute.









Last year during the club we all made the "Ode to 1930's" quilt and this year we decided to make signiture quilts.
We will each make our own quilt but prepare the blocks and bring them to club for signing. Here are a few in progress...I havn't made my blocks yet....as I said before, busy summer.










Now for the show and tell part of the meeting....

























Of course we also exchanged our 1930's charm squares and as usual, a good time was had by all. Afterwards, we enjoyed a delicious luncheon prepared by a few of the members.
Sandra asked us to bring our daughter or grandaughter who likes to sew to next months meeting and have them do show and tell of a few of their projects. Kassidy is excited to come! I'm looking forward to it and will show you all then......


post signature

21 comments:

Karen said...

With all of the sewing your daughter has been doing...she'll steal the show;) The Clothesline Club looks like tonz-O-fun;)

Karen said...

I enjoyed all the Show 'n Tell from your club! I viewed the signature blocks with interest because there were some different ideas for blocks that I had not seen before. All looks like fun. Wish I lived nearby.

Nedra said...

Isn't that Sandra amazing? What a wonderful group you meet with. I bought the teapot pattern recently too. And love the signiture blocks.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What fun! Thank you for all the wonderful photo's!

Mary said...

Love the idea of your Clothesline club making the signature blocks and bringing them for signing. More than one way to get enough for your quilts. Cute stuff for the Show and tell, too

Karen said...

Love the signature blocks!

Betsy said...

Lori everything is just adorable.

Sherri said...

Great quilts and show and tell...and some really fun ideas for signature blocks!

Carrie P. said...

I always enjoy seeing what the clothesline club is up too. Thanks for sharing.

Micki said...

Thanks for the lovely pics! I really enjoyed seeing it all!
Micki

Cheryl said...

WOW....what wonderful quilts and goodies you shared. That looks like a fun group to be a part of!! Also, I tagged you over on my blog.

Lynda said...

I've had your music playing all afternoon while I'm at work - love it and your blog.

Dawn said...

Fantastic quilts. Love the vintage sewing kits!

Unknown said...

I wish there was something like that near me! I loved the quilt show today. those signature blocks were so different heh?
the teapot quilt is right up your alley with the cups you have...add cookies and little sandwiches and it's Tea Time...

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Terrific quilts and projects. Eye candy FOR SURE. I loved this post and can't wait to see what the kids bring!

Pat

Jan said...

Beautiful pictures and love your alls project for the year :) I'll be looking forward to next month's get together w/the kids :)

ferne said...

I want to join! Love the teapot quilt and all the others. What a talented group.

Sherry said...

What gorgeous quilts. I love all the signature blocks...too cute!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i love it all.. the whole post... i wish i was there!!!!

The Rabbit Factory said...

Show n tell!!!!! Just loved it, thanks, Lorraine

Nanette Merrill said...

Wow you girls have fun. I am loving everything I see. I've wanted our Alpine group to do signature blocks. I love the snow ball block with the gingham! More of that please.

Related Posts with Thumbnails