Monday, July 27, 2009

Camping at Fish Lake

Well, I'm back from camping at Fish Lake and it was such a great trip!!! The weather was beautiful....nice and cool...not like the heat wave we were having at home.
I'm so behind on my blogging....sorry about that, I'll try to catch up. It always seems to take a while for me to get back into my routine.
As I said before, we have made this an annual trip with friends and it has become a tradition to take a picture at the sign as we are pulling out.
Here are the kids on the last day...all dirty from playing all day long every day. Of course we all shower while we camp, but by the last day, the kids are not worried about dirt anymore....thats how kids should be while camping, don't you think? They all look so happy and of course they didn't want to come home yet.
This is the first picture, then follows the funnyface picture below.....ahh - to be a kid again.
Click on the pictures for a closer look. We have such good friends and these are a great bunch of kids! They all have a blast together and get along well, wether we are camping or not.
Here is proof that all big brothers are the same everywhere.....

And here is proof that Mr. Honey and I are still the best of friends and still love camping. I don't think you can see his fishy hands....he just got back from the creek with several fish and was afraid to touch my shirt!!!! (that's the difference between little boys and big boys....there was a time when he would have done it on purpose...oh say when he was about 12, which is how long I have known him)


Here's a nice one that Sterling caught. He cooked it in foil in the fire and ate it ASAP!!!



Another family shot at our beloved Fish Lake. You can see how much the kids have grown from last year by comparing photos from my previous post. Sterling is 12 and Kass almost 10.
Look how much taller Ster is.
I took him for a physical 2 weeks ago for Scout Camp and he measured 5 foot 8" tall....WOW - he is one tall 12 year old!

Our curly-girly...


Our explorer....



We sure missed Ben, Nicky and family....but what a beautiful time we had at such a beautiful place....I'm looking forward to next year already.


post signature

15 comments:

Micki said...

Welcome back! I can see that you all had a wonderful time, and what a nice family you are.
Micki

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Hi Lori,
it looks like you all had some wonderful family time - lucky you!

Nedra said...

Yes, you were very missed. It look like a wonderful vacation with happy memories.
Great family pics.

Susan said...

Welcome home! You have a very sweet family. I remember when my son (he's now 28) started towering over me--scary to have to look up to them to make eye contact. But nothing is better than when I see him now and he comes up and puts his arm around me for a hug:)

Carrie P. said...

Welcome Home! As a child we used to go camping with our neighborhood. So much fun.
When I had my kids my husband and I decided to take our kids camping. My husband had not ever camped before so it was an experience for him too. We had the best times. And we always took pictures of the kids in front of the signs of the different campgrounds too.

Betsy said...

welcome back Lori. Such a lovely family that you have and it is so good that you took time from your busy schedule to have some fun.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Welcome home! Looks like you had a great vacation! :-)

Jan said...

Beautiful family Lori and beautiful place for camping!!! Welcome back :)

Unknown said...

Welcome back....did you bring me anything? I missed you very much.

Judy said...

Did we miss you ?! I knew you were going to be gone, but kept checking anyway. Looking forward to the new Family Reunion block :-)Looks like you had a wonderful time -- much cooler than the 100 degrees we've enduring. Welcome home!

dream quilt create said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! Being with family is even better than sewing!

Dawn said...

Family time is the best time!! Love the pic of all the kids!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Your pictures make me smile. How fun. Mr. Honey is surely a keeper. I love the picture of you and your youngest two with you and Mr. Honey. You have such a cute look on your face! Good to have you back.

Sherry said...

Yes, you were missed. Looks like you had a great time. Welcome home!

Browndirtcottage said...

Why of course you were missed!!!
Oh....I am such a die hard camper...I love it...got hooked on it when I was a Girl Scout way back when....yes, I am a 'First Class Scout'...equal to an Eagle Scout.....and oooohhh I also
L-O-V-E to fish...no one can believe I can sit in a boat and fish for 2 to 3 hrs. at time....so see....you guys need to invited me next time...I would fit right in!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails