Sunday, August 2, 2009

Is summer really over?

I guess Kassidy's summer is sort of over. She started school this week but now that Sterling will be going to Junior High School, he doesn't start until the end of August.
This gives Sterling and I some time to do things that he likes to do when he hangs out with Mom.
Here is Kassidy on the morning of her first day of 5th grade.
She is in her bedroom in her favorite chair...posing for scrapbook photos.

Here are her new school shoes that she fell in love with and begged for....she takes after her Mom who loves shoes too! These are so cute!!! Black Converse covered in sequins...who wouldn't want to wear these the first day of school? (except maybe Sterling LOL)

She picked out the outfit to go with the shoes...I like the way she thinks!!!
Now she's ready for a new teacher, new friends and lots of learning. I remember those days...makes me want to go sharpen my pencil or something...

One of the things that Kass did this summer was take tennis lessons.


Here she is in the backyard taking a few swings...


Of course she picked out the pink tennis outfit.

Even though Kassidy loves school, I don't think she is ready for her summer to end ...



post signature

16 comments:

little acorns said...

Oh my, . . . that bring back memories! I so remember how what you wore - especially on the first day! - was so important! I agree with you. . . her outfit is amazing! . . & those shoes. . . the best! She's obviously got a good design eye from her mom!
xo, Bren

(Hope you have a great time in the 5th grade, Kassidy!)

Joyce said...

Summers go so quickly. I remember how exciting it was the first day of school(that would be many moons ago for me). Tell Kassidy to keep up her tennis. My daughter played in high school. It's great exercise and a great way to make lasting friendships. My daughter doesn't start school til the end of September. Ohio State is still on quarters so they start later than the other colleges. Hope you enjoy your time with Sterling. Love your photography. I'm sure they will make wonderful pages. Do you do digital scrapbooking or the standard pages?

Elyse said...

holy moly, what an ADORABLE blog! what an ADORABLE daughter!

my boys have 1 more month of vacation. july seemed to drag but now i want august to slow down so we can all savor these last lazy weeks before the busy routine resumes. sigh.

love your blog!

xo

Janice said...

It seems so early to return to school. In the UK kids don't return for at least another month. Lovely photos, your daughter has real style!

Nedra said...

You must be in year round school in your area. We did years of that. Every person, depending on their grade and school, started on a differnt schedule. Very challenging to plan family activities and vacations.
Everyone here in St. George goes back on the 12th, so this next week is the last full week of summer. Even though it's over 100 degrees, back we go!

Jackie's Stitches said...

She sure has style!

Betsy said...

Lori , she is a cutie. School sure starts early there.

Debbie said...

I love Kassidy's outfit she looks so cute! The first day of school is so fun to get ready for but not fun to give up the summer for...

aimee said...

hello:)adorable. i love the look of your blog. summer has gone by too quickly. my son (14) starts on the 12th. he is my only one in school and the last of 6. i remember my mom buying us new clothes for the new year. for some reason my favorite was the new long knee high socks :)
blessings,
aimee

Karen said...

It seems to me that this 'Summer Vacation' has come and gone really fast...looks like Kassidy is ready to go even if she truly isn't.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a cute gal she is. And that new outfit just rocks!! I bet she is a hit wearing that. Love those shoes too.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

your summer may be coming to a close, and that is kinda sad, but great news for us down under, as it means that our summer is getting closer!

Nanette Merrill said...

She is just so cute.

Sherry said...

I always loved school clothes shopping.....great memories. Kassidy's outfit is so cute but those shoes are just way too cool! She looks very stylish. :)

Becca said...

Her school outfit is so cute! That's awesome that she's taking tennis lessons.

dream quilt create said...

What a cute post about Kassidy! I love her school outfit. I'm sure she was the cutest in her class. She takes after her mom....By her choice of clothes, she seems very creative.

Related Posts with Thumbnails