Thursday, November 19, 2009

Yesterday at Yo-yo Mama's...

I took photos for show and tell. This first one is Shanna's signiture quilt from our Clothesline Club that she just finished. I am so in love with this quilt...ya'll know I'm a sucker for vintage 30's.....I took several shots for your enjoyment.




Here's Shanna with her quilt...you remember her right? She went to Idaho with us on the quilting retreat in September.
Just click on any photos for close up details.



The next quilt is another one of Shanna's that she made for her daughter....actually, it's more of a throw than a quilt, her daughter requested no batting for this one...so she just layered the front and the back.
The big squares really show off the vintage florals. Then she added yo-yo's (we are the yo-yo mama's) and buttons with bling! A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E !







The next quilt is Beth's that she worked on at the Idaho retreat....she had just picked it up from the quilters and was so excited to have it finished...all but the binding.
I don't blame her...it's absolutely gorgeous!






Here's a shot of the back....I wanted you to see the wonderful quilting.

Remember Juli's pinapple quilt that she started at the retreat? Well, she brought it to show us her progress...it's going to be a King quilt so she still has a ways to go,.... but I think she is doing a great job....don't you? This quilt will definitly be an accomplishment when complete....it's so fabulous.





The next blocks are Lucy's from my
Apron Club pattern....
she just has a few more to go until she can assemble the top....























Well...there you go, this months show and tell from Yo-yo Mama's Club!
Did you enjoy it?
Did my talented friends inspire you?....they inspire me all the time.
post signature

19 comments:

Michele said...

Oh my! The eye candy! I just love the Dresden flowers and the aprons. Such talent!

Nedra said...

Love Shanna's quilt.
And Julie is a member of YoYo Mama's? Ask her to share with you her rotary cutter experience from Daniel's Summit. I was standing right next to her when it happened and I still can hardly think about it. Tell her I say hello!

Jocelyn said...

Oh my goodness, these are all so beautiful. I am a yo-yo addict myself. My mil taught me to make yo-yo's before I ever learned how to quilt. You know the ones where you take a plate and draw a circle around it, cut the fabric and sew that little seam and pull the thread. Yep those were the good ole days :-) Love the pictures. A wealth of inspiration.

bingo~bonnie said...

wow - lovely show-n-tell! I love all the closeups - next best thing to being there. :) there sure is a lot of talent in your group of quilters!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Brenda Pruitt said...

I truly did enjoy eying all this luscious sewn eye candy as I drank my morning coffee!
Brenda

PamKittyMorning said...

Ohhh lots of pretties. Love the top one so much!

Carrie P. said...

You know I always enjoy show and tell on your blog.
I can't believe those aprons. They are darling and the teeny tiny applique is fabulous.

Jan said...

Oh yes Lori, I did enjoy and they did inspire me! Thank you for sharing everyone's beautiful work. I can't remember if I commented on your wonderful new block below, so in case I didn't, wanted to say it's fabulous!!!!!!! Absolutely adorable.

Susan said...

The apron quilt is so cute! All of them are so wonderfully different. Thanks for the show.

Chookyblue...... said...

thanks for sharing the pics.........lovely quilts........I esp like the red and cream one jsut back from the quilters........

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I certainly did enjoy all the lovely quilts and I am inspired!!

Sherri said...

I'm oohing and aahing over everything...especially the first quilt!!!

Micki said...

I especially love the apron quilt...it is incredible the amount of work that went into it!
Lovely!
Micki

Sherry said...

I enjoyed this post very much. All of the quilts are wonderful. I never tire looking at those apron blocks & quilts...so cute! Thanks for the inspiration.

Dianna said...

The aprons are adorable! I look forward to seeing the completed project.

Karen said...

What beautiful eye candy. Would you know the pattern for Beth's quilt? I just love the pattern. Such talented ladies.

Anonymous said...

The details on the aprons - incredible. I really couldn't do that. Seriously. I love the 30s flower quilt too. I think the black and white really really really make that quilt. My new years resolution (one of them) is to use more black in my quilts.

Katy said...

Gorgeous quilts!!!! I LOVE them!

Susan Neal said...

THis is NOT grandma's quilting! THose aprons are cute enough to be edible!

Related Posts with Thumbnails