Monday, May 24, 2010

Sunny Days ahead !...

Today I am a guest blogger over at "Stash Manicure"....which is hosted by my dear friend
Rae Ann.
She started the blog with the intention of gathering ideas from quilters all over blogland on how they manage thier fabric stash.
Well...Rae Ann did just that...and she asked me if I would post my ideas today....so if you want to know more about the quilt in the above picture and also how I "choose and use" my fabric stash....click right here. While you're there... please make sure that you leave me a comment and let me know how you like my ideas!...

But before you go....scroll down and take a look at a few of the spring pictures from my yard.


These are blossoms from my cherry trees out in front of my home....

So soft and full and gorgeously pink...cherry blossoms are my favorite I think.

I know they will be gone by next week...but I sure have enjoyed them while they were here. We planted four of them fifteen years ago... don't you just love pretty pink trees all in a row?



The last of the spring tulips....



I love how this white tulip looks from the top view...it's almost spent ....the weather is getting warmer here and it's time for sunny days ahead!



This is the early blooms of my giant snowball bush...I adore how the blossoms start out bright green and then gradually mature into a lucious white later in the season.


A close up for you.
Enjoy your Monday my bloggy peeps...and don't forget to head on over to Stash Manicure!

post signature

14 comments:

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Well, when I told Nanette how much I loved her applique she said that it wasn't as good as yours and now I find out who you are from Stash Manicure (I'm new to quilting and blogging and am a long way away in the UK so forgive me for coming late to the party!). I love your tips on SM, especially about the choosing the backing before the fabrics so they all work together. I love your blog, it's soo pretty but cool and funky and retro too. And I love your quilts - your whismical applique is something I would really like to have a go at - I love how it's traditional but really kind of "now". I'm a new follower.

Libby said...

Lori!! I loved the article over at Stash Manicure!! Very, very helpful!! It is so inspiring to see your photos and to know your "tricks" Thanks for sharing!

Darlene said...

Your Stash Manicure post was terrific, Lori. Very inspiring - thank you for sharing.

Rae Ann said...

You are simply amazing in my book! Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy day to share with us your great tips over at Stash Manicure. Loved every minute of it!
Your pictures of Spring in your yard are gorgeous... but what about this crazy snow we are having today. What's with that!

Simone de Klerk said...

Thank you for your Stash Manicure! And the flowers you show us, are so pretty!

Nanette Merrill said...

Holy cow after today I wonder what they look like? We had to shake trees to avoid broken branches. We had at least 2-3 inches at my house.

Jenny said...

I sure hope those flowers look great still. I was glad to meet you at market. I love your blog motif so it was easy to remember who you were. You may not remember me. I was there with Izzy n Ivy. Your stuff is beautiful!

Sherry said...

Hi Lori. I found your article over at Stash Manicure very helpful, thanks! Your flowers look so pretty and your quilt is so cheery. Thanks for sharing.

Jodi Nelson said...

Love the flowers!

Holly said...

What great tips!!! I like that you cut out 2 quilts at the same time and I really like the way you store your projects. Very helpful!!!
My friend just bought the family reunion pattern...we can't wait to get started!!! I'm getting the paper dolls as soon as it's ready and am so excited to start working on that one!!

Thanks for all the help!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, and I l-o-o-ove it!

Browndirtcottage said...

.....sigh....peppermint tulips...my
FAV....great post over at Stash Manicure girl!!

I am caught up with you and Kassidy again...the crochet tut sounds wonderful, I'm off to check it out!! Thanks for sharing!!

Nedra said...

Your yard looks so beautiful. I hear you had snow yesterday! Are your plants OK?

trish said...

I just love this quilt!! :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails