Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Amy's Union Jack...

I wanted to show you an awesome WIP that I visited a few tables away while on my retreat!...
It's what my friend Amy worked on while there.

Isn't she cute?...and so are her blocks!

I love them. Cute. Cute. Cute.

Amy makes the most awesome things and she shows them to us on her fabulous blog "Diary of a Quilter"...which I'm sure that you know about unless you are living under a rock or something...lol








Good stuff...right? Just fabulous:)

I love her fabric choices in each and every block:)


A while back she posted about this quilt that she made for her friend and I fell in love with it then!...I would love to make my own version someday....that is in all my spare time:)


What spare time you say?...Is that a giggle I hear?...hey...it could totally happen!

(I'm just sayin)


If you happen to have any time to spare...and want to make your own Union Jack quilt...you can find a pattern here.


Happy sewing girls...I'll catch up with ya later!

xx

Lori

post signature

10 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like an antique quilt. She did a good job on the blocks.

Thimbleanna said...

Those blocks are gorgeous. I'd love to make one of those quilts too. Add that to my ever-growing list. {sigh.}

katie jean said...

I love the union jack block. I think they would be so fun to make and celebrate the Royal Wedding!

Live Well With Judi said...

Lori: I walked around that room a 100 times and never saw that WIP!! I am living under a rock! She is so sweet and such a joy, but I never saw her project. I love it. It took a few days, but I'm finally catching up on my sleep deprivation from all our fun. Hugs.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What fun! I love that pattern. When I learn to quilt (uh hem........in the far distant future) this is going on my list. Love it!

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful block, that would be fun to play with.

Debbie

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Gorgeous Union Jacks! I feel all inspired!

amy smart said...

Thanks for the love, Lori! It was so much fun to be there and I was in HEAVEN with the uninterrupted sewing time! I felt so productive. :) (Except when I was ogling your projects.)

Sandra Henderson said...

I dont live under a rock, but close! ... On an island and im so behind! Thank you for sharing this!!! Incredible! Go Amy!!! Smart girl! Love it! Xo

Nanette Merrill said...

Amy is so inspiring. I adore her. I worked a tiny bit on my flag quilt over the weekend. See you Friday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails