Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Classtime!!!...Come and join me...

I'm happy to say that at the end of March I will be teaching my appplique/embroidery pattern "Crazy Daisy" in the historic Swiss town of Midway, Utah nestled within the magestic Wasatch Mountains.
I'm really excited about where I will be teaching:) It will be at the very gorgeous and very comfortable
Zermatt Resort.
I'm sew looking forward to it because I won't be teaching again until this fall because of my fabric designing schedule and also prior commitments.

If a day out in the beautiful early spring of Utah sounds good to you... and you would also like to learn something new...this will be sew fun!
Here is the information if you are interested in coming to spend the day with me...

The class will be held on -
Wednesday March 23rd 9:30-12:30 & 2:00-3:30
Crazy Daisy - Tuition $60
This will be a two-session class. In the first session I will teach my appliqué method so that you will be able to complete the daisy and leaves, the ric-rac stem and also the circles and the flower for the center.

The methods I will teach are the very same that I use to make all of my appliqué quilts . . . which is why I specifically designed this pattern!
If you have always wanted to learn how to make my quilt patterns . . . or to learn my applique method...I would love to teach you!
In the second session (same Wednesday 2:00-3:30) I will teach you the embroidery stitches that I use in my quilts.
I will also teach you how I mark my fabrics to embellish my appliquéd blocks with embroidery stitches and buttons.

Supplies:

I will supply the pattern at no additional charge to you. I will bring it to class along with special supplies that you might not have, (along with other goodies!)
However, you will need to bring other supplies listed separately. ...this list is available for those who register.


I'm teaching this class in conjunction with the
American Quilting retreat so if you are interested...you will need to call Amy to reserve a spot. Their number is 801-802-7841. To those of you who have already signed up...I'm looking forward to meeting you:)
If you have any questions please email me at beeinmybonnet1@yahoo.com.

I would love to see you there!
xx,
Lori


post signature

11 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Eeeek! Lori -- that is SOOOO cute! Wouldn't a whole quilt with those flowers on it be adorable!

My Vintage Mending said...

Lori this is darling. I would love to learn from a talented artist like you. Enjoy your class. I can't wait to get ahold of your fabric. Smiles...Renee

Amy said...

Oh that is darling! Unfortunalty I am In NJ I don't for see any trips to Utah.... Bummer. but I am teaching a womans class in July that I think that would be perfect for.... I would love to ask you some questions about the pattern... Is it all hand sewn? Can I purchase the pattern from you? Let me know if you will... Amy

Thelittlebeansprout.blogspot.com

Rehbeinamy@aol.com

Amy said...

Oh that is darling! Unfortunalty I am In NJ I don't for see any trips to Utah.... Bummer. but I am teaching a womans class in July that I think that would be perfect for.... I would love to ask you some questions about the pattern... Is it all hand sewn? Can I purchase the pattern from you? Let me know if you will... Amy

Thelittlebeansprout.blogspot.com

Rehbeinamy@aol.com

Amy said...

Well, forgive me... Didn't see that I could pdurchase your patterns before I left that last comment. I think that this would be a perfect beginning patterns for these woman. I love it!

Vickie E said...

I love this Lori...so disappointed that I don't live in Utah ;)

Dionne said...

Oh, I wish I were closer!
Dionne

Kimberly said...

If only I lived just a little closer!

Sonia B said...

It looks like the retreat is full, but can we come to your individual class? I'm not far away and it sounds fun!

lindagerig said...

so cute. to live close enough to take a class like that. Linda Gerig

Cori said...

Cute block, the drive from upstate NY is a little too far. Would love to have taken the class. Lucky those close enough.

Related Posts with Thumbnails