Monday, December 3, 2012

Tilt O' Whirl....a crazy fun ride!!!...


Meet my Tilt O' Whirl quilt.
Each block of swirling circles looks like
 the top view of a Tilt O' Whirl....
my very favorite ride!!!


This quilt will have you playing with circles once again.
 Are you getting tired of playing with circles?
Oh!!! I hope not!!!
 As for me...I just love circle blocks...
always have...
always will.
I even put more circles on the borders:)


I used light gray for the sashings...
 with red posts...
 and a red yo-yo in the center.


The blocks are easy to assemble...
4 patch backgrounds and 4 easy corner triangles each.


All of the circles are easy to sew using the pellon method.




And once again each circle in this quilt are sewn from the circles in 
these 3 prints from


Also included are the patterns and directions to make this
 bunting/banner in 2 sizes. 
The small bunting is made 
with the circles from the 3 prints also... 


And the larger bunting is made with 5" squares.
I think both sizes look cute together...
don't you?
I showed the larger bunting at quilt market but
 I didn't show the small because 
I ran out of time and didn't get it made:(



I hung the large one on the monkey bars in my back yard 
for a photo or two the morning before it 
flew on a plane to Houston:)




I liked the way it looked outside too...
and I'm sure I'll be hanging these banners inside and out!



45" x 45"
by Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet


You can use my new Circle Rulers to make the banner ...but they aren't necessary.
For those of you who have been asking about my rulers...they are coming very soon!
We are just awaiting the shipment so that they can be packaged and shipped out.
They will be available online, or at your LQS or in my new Etsy.

Let me know what you think about my newest pattern Tilt O' Whirl....
does it make you want to ride?
Have a quilty kind of day my friends:)
xx
Lori 


17 comments:

Four dogs and one quilter said...

Great pattern. On my to-do list for after Christmas.

Claire said...

Lori I love your new pattern - it is beautiful!

Frummie said...

Love this!

Wanda said...

I loved this pattern from the first time I saw it. Your rulers and this pattern are on my Christmas list.

Joan said...

Beautiful pattern! The rulers and this pattern are on my wish list. Thank you for sharing. Have a great week!

Thimbleanna said...

That quilt is adorable Lori!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! I love the blocks. :)

Deborah said...

In love with ALL your new patterns and can't wait to get your Circle Ruler!

dream quilt create said...

I love your tilt a whirl quilt! That is my favorite ride too. Not too crazy but just let's you spin enough to laugh uncontrollably! I love all the detail in the quilt and think it's really neat how you are able to use the circle fabric to make a lot of the circles. The banner is really cute too :)

Bari Jo said...

What a fun pattern/fabric! Yo yos in the center are so cute, too!

•stephanie• said...

not sure how you do it all, wonder woman!
it's gotta be super powers.
this quilt is adorable.

Janet said...

Love Tilt O' Whirl - fun, delightful and a new twist! Thanks for sharing!

Nanette Merrill said...

Fun! what a great name for this quilt, too. I love ideas to use your rulers. Good for you. The patterns are all darling.

belarmina said...

me gusta mucho!!!! es realmente precioso
saludos

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilt!!! When I have had more practice... I will give it a try.

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

É isso aí!LINDA<MARAVILHOSA.!Talento e criatividade DEUS te deu de monte,que continue sempre cheia de bençãos.Amém????Beijo.

VickiT said...

Ooh I LOVE this quilt very much. Geat job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails