Monday, October 14, 2019

Granny's Garden Sew Along - Week Eight!!


Hello everyone!!


Today we are at week 8 in the
Granny's Garden Sew Along



We are using Granny Chic Fabric...



And Granny's Garden 
Sew Simple Shapes...


To make the Granny's Garden Quilt:)



This week's tutorials are 
for blocks 29 thru 32


Let's get planting!!



Block 29 Sew Simple Shapes:
4 - I 6
4 - I 14
1 - I 21
Cut the stems 2" long


After sewing and before turning
 you will need to clip the 
cleavage in each heart:)



All shaped up and ready to "sow"



Checking all of my shapes to
 make sure they are centered:)



Block 29 is ready for appliqué!



Flower Block 30 Sew Simple Shapes:
1 - I 25
(you should have 8 - 
4 1/2" squares for this)

Use the 2" Circle Ruler
 from the set for the center.


Just as I have shown you 
in previous tutorials you will
 need to sew your 4 1/2" squares 
into an 8 1/2" pinwheel block 
before sewing it into 
the large dresden shape...


like this!
You will also need to clip 
in between each scallop.



Turned ...shaped and pressed:)



I use my small ruler to make sure 
that the circle is in the center
 because it can easily fool your eye 
if you do not measure.



Flower Block 30 is ready for appliqué:)



Block 31 Sew Simple Shapes:
2 - I 2
1 - I 21
1 - I 22
1 - I 24
1 - I 25
(you should have 8 -
 4 1/2" squares for I - 25)
Use the 4" Circle Ruler from 
the set for the smaller
 Shabby Cloud circle

Cut your stem 2 1/2" long and
 press one end under


Before sewing your shapes...
first sew your squares into an
 8 1/2" square pinwheel like this.


You will need to clip the 
cleavage areas in all 
3 scalloped circles before turning.



All shaped and pressed:)



I pinned and glued the flower 
for the center circle first.



Then added the scallop...



And then centered it on the dresden:)



Flower Block 31 glue basted
 and ready for applique.



Block 32 Sew Simple Shapes:
9 - I 21
1 - I 30
(you should have 8 - 
4 1/2" squares for this as well)


You guessed it!!
Just like the dresdens...
you will need to sew your 8 
- 4 1/2" squares into a pinwheel block
 like this before you sew the star.



Make sure that the inside cleavage
 line up right on the seam when sewing.



After trimming clip the cleavage in the star.



Turn...shape and press:)



Center all circles and glue baste.



Flower Block 32 is ready for applique:)



After you applique the circles...
applique them onto 
their background squares.


Thanks for gardening with me this week...
I'll meet you right back here 
next Monday and we will 
plant four more 
Flower Blocks for our quilt:)
xx
Lori

Click on the links below
to go to each week of this sew along!


2 comments:

Lori Ferrari-McCoy said...

Well I'm way behind. Four blocks a week is quite a lot to keep up with. I have 21 done so far. So I'm still in week 5. I'll just keep sewing along.

Venjeana said...

Yay, I have all 42 circles done on Grandma’s Garden!

Related Posts with Thumbnails