Friday, August 14, 2026

SAY-IT SEW ALONG #4 - Fall Banner!!

 



Hello quilty friends!

Today is the day for the fourth

tutorial in the 

SAY-IT Sew Along 



 I have done the

 "Bee Prepared"

post that explains everything that 

you need to know about this sew along

CLICK HERE

if you are just joining and

CLICK HERE

to download the free sew along guide.



We are using the 
TYPE/ography
fabric collection...


The GLYPH Sew Simple Shapes



and the LETTERS Sew Simple Shapes





For the kick off to this sew along 
I did a video tutorial on my
 YOUTUBE Channel 
to show you how to make the banner shapes 
that the letters (or numbers) go on 
as well as how to make the letters too:)

to watch my video



"Be My Valentine Banner"
and


"Easter Banner"
were the spring turorials.

for that blog post




#3 tutorial was for the 
4th of July Banner...


 and the Tea and Cake Banner

for that blog post



Today is the fall banner:)


The same methods shown in the first
 three tutorials also apply to making 
these banner shapes and letters
for the fall banner as well.






All of my shapes are cut,
 traced and ready to sew!


For prepping the pumpkin stems,
 I used Glyph 10 and cut 
seven 4" squares of interfacing 
then traced the top half of the 
Glyph onto each square.
When I sewed I left the bottom
 of stem open for turning:)


When tracing for the two candy corns
 I traced one side then 
flipped over and traced the other.
I traced a curve on the top two corners
(which will end up being the 
bottom two corners of the candy corn)


Using Letter J and tracing...


By placing in the corners like this.
Now that is your
 sewing line for those corners:)


Before you sew the candy corns 
you will need to piece these three
 4" x 13" strips together...


Then you can pin, 
making sure horizontal seams are
 straight with the shape before sewing:)



All shapes are sewn and trimmed...
and inner curves and cleavage areas clipped.
I have cut the interfacing
 for turning as well.

***TAKE NOTE***
On this banner I DID NOT
use the backing fabric 
I just used interfacing for the back
of the pumpkins and candy corns 
instead of fabric because where I am 
hanging it the back will not show*


All of my shapes are sewn 
and ready to assemble and glue!



I'm glad I added the curves 
to the candy corns...sew cute!!


I love these pumpkins too. 
I plan on making a banner with just 
the pumpkins without letters 
on them for Thanksgiving:)


But for Halloween 
I'm adding the "OCTOBER" letters:)









Last but not least I added the "31"


I love how they turned out!
I'll be using my clothespins to 
hang them for all of the 
trick or treaters to enjoy...
especially my grandkids:)




Thanks so much for joining me today

for the fourth tutorial

for the Say-It Sew Along!

I will meet you right back here later 

for the Bee Prepared post for my

"THANKSGIVING WITH GRANDMA"

Sew Along

Until then,

HAPPY SEWING

xx

Lori

           Other Places to find me:
             @Beelori1 Instagram
              Lori Holt/YouTube

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails