Monday, December 6, 2021

My Happy Place Sew Along - The BIG Finish!!!







"The BIG Finish"


Welcome to the Big Finish of the 
"MY HAPPY PLACE"
Sew Along!
Sew many of you have joined
 me here each week 
while I did every tutorial
 on the blocks for the quilt.
Thank you sew much!!

 I posted each Monday 
right here on my blog 
and you can view my tutorials 
any time that 
 is convenient for you
because they will remain here
on my blog!

Scroll down to the very bottom 
of this post and you will find
 photos and the link to 
each and every tutorial 
that I did for this sew along.



For this sew along...
We made the 
My Happy Place Quilt
74" x 88"


The quilt was made with my newest fabric
 collection at the time called STITCH...



Along with several Bee Backgrounds:)


If you are just joining us 
and need a fabric kit...
 just do a quick google search 
to find out which quilt shops 
may have one left for you.
Simply type in 
"My Happy Place Quilt Kit"
to find one!

As all of my 
Sew Simple Shapes Sew Alongs go...
We are used the shapes
for the pattern of this quilt
and of course the Sew Along Guide and my tutorials each week.

The set of shapes that we 
 used for this quilt are called
MY HAPPY PLACE

I have posted the
 post which details all of the supplies
 for the sew along and how it works.
I have also given the link there 
for the free PDF Download 
of the Sew Along Guide

to read that post.


The Sew Along Guide tells you 
many many important things about the
 sew along such as what sizes 
to cut each of the fabrics 
in your kit and what blocks 
that they go in etc.

After your blocks are all completed 
the guide shows you how the quilt
 is sewn together...
that diagram is on page 12.

In your guide of course is all of the
 cutting requirements for the
 sashing (cayenne cross stitch print)
and borders and everything that you need
to cut for finishing the quilt! 


I'm so happy that my quilt
 is all quilted and bound!
 
If you want to know how I 
bind my quilts and how I add my 
Vintage Trim into the binding ...
to go to my tutorial that I did
 here on my blog many years ago.
It's the exact same way that I
 still do it and I hope 
that you find it helpful:)

As promised...
I can't wait to "un-roll" my quilt
 and show you a whole bunch
 of close up pictures.
Here we go!!!






























I hope all of these close ups
 will help you get an idea of 
how your quilt will look when finished 
and also how you want your quilt quilted:)
My friend Juli Stubbs quilted mine 
and she NEVER disappoints!
By now Juli knows what kind of quilting 
that I love and so I told her to
 "just go for it"
and I'm completely thrilled.
Thank you so much Juli ❤️
And thank you so much to 
all of you for sewing along
 and for making your 
"My Happy Place Quilt"
 along with me!
I have loved sewing with you
 and sewing with my 
STITCH fabric collection.



My next sew along will be 
coming up in January 2022
and we will be using my 
next fabric collection called 
COOK BOOK


And I'm happy to say that 
it's just starting to arrive
 in quilt shops now...

!!!YaY!!!


We will be making this quilt 
that I designed for the sew along 
and my new set of
 Sew Simple Shapes...
both are called
 "CHICKEN SALAD"
and I hope you will join us!
to watch my fall quilt market video
 and where I show and tell
 you all about it.
I even show you two of the 
blocks that I already made.

I hope to see you there
 for more quilty fun!!
xx
Lori

**************************************

Click on the links below 
to visit each week of this sew along:
















Bee in my Bonnet
Vintage 1966

1 comment:

Carla said...

Adorable quilt. And I love the fabric. One day I'll do a sew along with you.
Happy New Year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails