Monday, September 12, 2016

Cozy Christmas Sew Along - Week Five - Block Five!!


Well here we are on week five.
YaY! 
Time flies when you're having fun!


Are you ready for block five?
to download the free pattern:)


for the 
Cozy Christmas 
Sew Simple Shapes


And grab your 
Cozy Christmas fabric!


And let's build a snowman!

#CozySnowmanBlock


Here are my 
fabric picks for this week.


Cut all of your pieces 
according the cutting guide.
to download

Cut your 7" background square. 

Cut a 1" wide strip and 
prepare it for the scarf:)


Trace your pieces onto the interfacing.
You may choose to trace your B-13 piece
 with one in reverse like I did for this block...


Or trace them both the same
 like I did for my snowman pillow.
It works both ways!


After sewing...
clip the inside curves 
on the scarf ties like this...


And the cleavage on
 the top of the heart.


Turn...shape...and press!

I show all of these steps in the 


Place the bottom of the snowman 3/4" up from the bottom edge.


Trace your snowman face 
BEFORE
 you place it 1 1/4" down
 from the top edge.


The heart goes in the bottom center oval.
Press the left edge of the scarf under 1/4" and place like this.
You can trim just trim off the other end 
without pressing under
 because the scarf ties will cover it...


Like this:)


Now he's ready for appliqué!


I used all six strands of my
I used a backstitch to embroider the arm, earmuff and carrot nose.
I used a crosstitch for each of his eyes.

I used two of my 
for his cute little earmuffs:)


I trimmed up my block to 6 1/2" square and
 made my flying geese and half square triangles.


I used the white sparkle print
 border for this block:)


Meet your new Cozy Snowman!
He almost makes me ready for snow.
I said almost.
Not yet!


I love seeing your blocks on my 
Keep them coming...
 you are doing great!
xx
Lori


2 comments:

Little Quiltsong said...

My house fills up with snowmen collections come Christmas decorating time - so this is an extra special block! Also as I 'touch' each Cozy Christmas fabric piece to make this quilt - I'm also cutting and sewing on your 'Town Square Quilt' from your Quilty Fun Book. I always wanted to make this one too!

Chloe2 said...

Your little snowman is precious thanks for making life a little happier.

Related Posts with Thumbnails