Monday, October 31, 2016

Cozy Christmas Sew Along - Week Twelve - Block Twelve!!


Hello and welcome to the 
Cozy Christmas Sew Along!


We are almost finished making the 
Cozy Christmas Quilt but you can 
to download my free pattern 
if you are just getting started!


to get your set of 
Cozy Christmas
Sew Simple Shapes


Visit your favorite quilt shop
to get the Cozy Christmas Quilt Kit


Today is the last block...
#CozyRudolphBlock


And these are my print choices from the 
 Cozy Christmas fabric for this week.


Cut your fabric and 


Prepare the bow center by 
using the 1/2" bias tape maker.


Trace the Sew Simple Shapes
 onto the interfacing.


Pair up with the fabric ...
sew and trim:)


Cut the interfacing for turning 
so that you can appliqué!


You can point your ears up or 
more to the side depending on your mood...
but make sure that you baste them 
at least 3/4" down from the top edge 
so that you don't cut the tops off while trimming:)


Mine are 1" in from the side...


And his bowtie is 3/4" up 
from the bottom edge.


Pin everything into place 
and get ready for appliqué!


After appliqué is complete grab some 
and do the embroidery:)


Trim your block to 6 1/2" square 
and add your little bells border.


Piece the outside border 
and take a photo for posting:)


Then do a happy dance 
because...
 you have just finished 
ALL of the blocks!

YaY!


Sew the last row together
 and add it to the top three...
Then add your borders
 just like in the 
pattern instructions.

Next week I'll show you
 my completed quilt!!!
See you then...
Lori


5 comments:

Summer said...

Looking very pretty ♥

Little Quiltsong said...

Oh - favorite block! I'm sure I've been saying that each week, but Rudolph was/is always my favorite in the children's story books. It is exciting to be at the last block - Christmas is around the corner. Thank you for the fun, Lori!

Linda said...

Thank-You so much Lori, this has been fun. I am caught up, after I complete this one today. Been keeping pace with you. I have my first 3 rows together. This will be fun to have out at christmas. Now you get a break and some rest. But I know here comes the holidays......so have some great holidays. Linda

Godlove said...

I want to try that out.

Unknown said...

This was such a happy quilt! I used it as my healing quilt and it truly lifted my spirit! Thank you so much , Lori!

Related Posts with Thumbnails