Monday, October 24, 2016

Cozy Christmas Sew Along - Week Eleven - Block Eleven!!


Good morning cute people:)
Week Eleven is here!


We are getting closer 
to the end and 
I'm sew excited!

Don't even worry 
if you haven't
 started yet though...
Because each weeks tutorial 
will remain right here 
on the right side bar 
of my blog.

Just scroll down 
until you see the week 
that you would like to sew 
and click on it!

to download my free 
Cozy Christmas Quilt Pattern


to get your 
Sew Simple Shapes


Visit your favorite quilt shop 
to get the 
Cozy Christmas Quilt Kit


So far we have 
three rows completed!


And today we are doing Block 11:)

#CozyGiftBlock


These are the prints that I used 
this week for my appliqués.



to download the cutting guide


And cut your 
and your fabrics:)



Don't forget to prepare the
 bow center using the
 1/2" bias tape maker...


As well as one for 
the ribbon on the gifts:)


When tracing...
remember to trace one 
of the tie shapes in reverse.


After sewing and trimming...
make sure to clip the
 INSIDE curves on the 
tie appliqués.


Cut your interfacing ...


Turn and shape!
Give them a good press 
and you are ready to 
prepare for appliqué.


Place the small gift 2" down
 from the top edge...


And the large gift 3/4" up 
from the bottom edge.

Overlap the small gift
 just a little:)


The tip of the bows should be 3/4" down...


And the ties should be
 3/4" from the side edges.


Pin into place...


And applique!!


I love how these little 
snowmen are waving
  across the top of the large gift:)


Audition fabric for your
 flying geese 
and 
half square triangles...


And sew your 
block eleven together.

YaY!

We are getting so close
 to the finish
 but I have tell you 
it makes me 
happy and sad 
at the same time
 because
 I LOVE sewing with y'all!


Last week 
I showed you my new 
#CozyBlock

That I designed using
 some leftover pieces 
from our sew along:)


I made it into this runner 
for my kitchen table 
and I did a tutorial for you 
a few days ago.

to go to my tutorial...


And sew up more 
Cozy Christmas:)

See you next week!
xx
Lori


2 comments:

Little Quiltsong said...

Such a cute block again this week. It really is coming together. Love it!! Now off to sew! Your 'new' cosy blocks too :)!

Amandalee said...

I'm so ready for a cozy Christmas when this quilt is finished! I have just loved every block!:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails