Monday, October 21, 2019

Granny's Garden Sew Along - - Week Nine!!


Welcome back sweet gardeners:)


It's Week Nine of our
Granny's Garden Sew Along



We are using Granny Chic Fabric...



And Granny's Garden 
Sew Simple Shapes...



To make the 
Granny's Garden Quilt


This week we are planting 
flower blocks 33 thru 36


Let's start "sowing"



Sew Simple Shapes for Block 33:
8 - I 6
1 - I 23
Use the 2" Circle Ruler from 
the set for the center circle.


After sewing and before turning 
you will need to clip between
 the scallops in this flower:)



Turned...shaped...pressed...



and centered!



Flower Block 33 is ready for applique:)


Sew Simple Shapes for Block 34:
4 - I 7
4 - I 11
1 - I 21


There is no clipping for this block.
Simply trim...



Turn and shape:)



Pin it and then glue baste.



Use the small ruler to help 
with the center circle 
and use the 10 1/2" Trim-It Ruler 
to center the entire block:)



Flower Block 34 ready for applique.


Sew Simple Shapes for Block 35:
2 - I 2
2 - I 5
3 - I 15
Cut the center stem 7" long 
and press one end under.
Cut the side stems 2 1/2" long
 and cut opposite slant at the tops.


You will need to clip between the points 
in the top of each tulip before
 turning the shapes for this block.



Turned...shaped and pressed...
and all ready to baste!



Using the 10 1/2" Trim-It Ruler
 really helps a lot 
especially with these blocks 
that have the split stems.



Flower Block 35 ready for applique:)


Sew Simple Shapes for Block 36 :
1 - I 18
1 - I 21
1 - I 27 
1 - I 30
Use the 4" Circle Ruler in the set for
 the smaller Cloud Shabby Circle.


There are three shapes that need 
to be clipped before turning.
The star...the scallop circle and the flower.


Shaped and ready to go:)


I started with glue basting the flower
 on the smaller circle and 
then scalloped circle.

 

Then glue basted that onto
 the star and large circle.


Flower Block 36 ready for applique:)


I'm going to add 4 Cute Little Buttons 
onto this block after quilting.



After all 4 circles are appliquéd...
 applique them onto their background squares.


Thanks so much for planting flowers with me! 
Join me back here next week 
for new flower block tutorials!
xx
Lori


Click on the links below 
to view each week of this sew along!!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails