Monday, March 20, 2017

Sweetie Pie Sew Along - Week Ten - The Big Finish!!


Hello again...
YaY!
It's week ten and time
 for the big finish:)


If you want to make my
 Sweetie Pie Quilt


Last week we left off here...
with all of the 
appliqué completed 
and the quilt center
  sewn together.


Now it's time for the pieced border:)
Cut pieces according to the pattern...


Draw a line onto
 your background squares...


or use my 
 if you don't want to
 take the time to mark them.


I always chain piece when
 I'm doing the same step
 on multiple pieces.


When all of your 
easy corner triangles
 are sewn...


it's time to 
trim them like this!!!


I press my seams open 
so that they 
lie nice and flat.


Sew them together according
 to the pattern 
and then sew them 
to your quilt...


like this!!!


The last step is to
 cut and prepare 
your outside borders...


and add them to your quilt:)



I super LOVE this quilt!!! 
Mine is all quilted 
and hanging in my 
family room right now:)


My friend Juli Stubbs quilted it for me and did an amazing job.


The following photos 
are several close ups 
of the quilting that I 
took for you to see:)










I hope these photos 
help you out when you
 are ready to quilt yours:)


Thank you so much 
from the bottom 
of my heart for sewing with me...


 and for celebrating 
the release of my 
Sew Cherry 2 fabric:)


See this photo? 
All of the tutorials 
for this sew along 
will remain on my blog.
Just scroll down 
while looking on the 
right side and you will see them.

Simply click on the week 
that you would like to see.


***Don't worry!!! 
I havn't forgotten about
 these cute mini pies 
that we have leftover
 from the large ones.

That super fun 
project tutorial 
will be coming up soon...
but for right now...


Show all of us 
your finished quilt!!
#SweetiePieSewAlong


I also want to invite you
 to my next sew along 
using my upcoming 
fabric collections and my 
Bee Happy 
Sew Simple Shapes


It starts in early fall 
and I hope you join me!!

xx
Lori






8 comments:

Janice said...

Thank you

Little Quiltsong said...

Your Sweetie Pie Quilt is absolutely gorgeous and the quilting on it is so special!! Thank you for the fun journey with this quilt, Lori, and I know.......more to come :)!!

Shellie Naisbitt said...

Love quilting with you and learning so much along the way! Thank You! ❤️

Rosa said...

Wow,it`s absolutely fantastic!

Patsy Moran said...

Love, Love, Love your quilt!! It is so "Cute" and
adorable. I love all of your work, fabric,
patterns, quilts, etc. You have inspired me to try quilting myself!❤️

Wilma Lee said...

I have my sweetie Pie quilt done except for the border. I love it! This quilt was my 3rd see along with you. Can't wait for the fall sew along.

Barb H said...

Love the the Farm Girl Vintage. Finished it and entered it in our local show. I did mine all in Red and White. The judge loved it so much she made it Judges Choice. It was so much fun to make.

Hope Anne said...

I love your blue fabric with the cherries!

Related Posts with Thumbnails