Monday, April 9, 2018

Let's Bake Sew Along - The Big Finish!!


Today is our super happy
 big finish day!!!





Isn't it amazing that we can
 take a pile of fabric...


Cut it up into pieces...


Add fun notions...






And end up with a beautiful quilt!
I don't know about you...
but when I look at each quilt
 that I've ever made...
 I remember making it and also 
everything else that was happening
in my life during that time:)

It makes me so happy that you 
have joined my 
 and added even more sweet memories
 for me...thank you so much!



Now that your blocks are
 all sewn together...
it's time to add the borders:)


Hopefully you have been cross stitching
 your flowers all along the way...


And have added the scrappy strips 
around each of the ones 
that go into the border!
Remember that tutorial from week one?
The border block instructions are there.


Use the cutting and directions on page 10 of the guide to add your borders:)


I've taken several photos of my
 quilt top after my borders
 were added and
 before the quilting...








And after the quilting and binding too!


Speaking of binding...
don't forget to tuck the large
 Vintage Trim inside because 
it adds so much vintage sweetness
 to your quilt:)

Simply top stitch it to the edge
 with an 1/8" seam allowance
 before sewing on the binding:)

Easy Peasy!!



My friend Juli Stubbs did a 
fabulous job with the quilting...


And I took several photos so that 
you can see how she quilted it:)

















I LOVE LOVE LOVE this quilt.
It was such an amazing 
labor of love from start to finish.
 Again...
thanks so much for joining me!!

Remember that each and every week 
of this sew along will ALWAYS remain
 here on my blog so that you can finish up
 at your own speed...
or start from the beginning!

Depending on your individual sewing time...
some of you may not have been able to
 keep up with the sew along weekly....
or you have purchased a kit and are just starting now...
That's great!

As usual... each and 
every week's tutorial will 
remain on my blog forever.

Just look at the right sidebar
 (you must be viewing it in full web version)
 and scroll down until you 
see the sew along and click 
on that week you need to see:)


So my next big announcement is that
 at the end of this summer 
I will begin my next sew along journey
 and you are of course...invited!


There will be a new set of 
Sew Simple Shapes...




And a new quilt...


And new fabric that 
will be arriving in July.


Autumn Love!!!



If you would like to make my 
Autumn Love Quilt with me...
check with your fave quilt shop 
and preorder your kit!

This is really going to be a
 fun sew along and will be 
just like my previous sew alongs 
with my Sew Simple Shapes.
 We will have a free PDF of the
 Sew Along Guide 
and then each block tutorial 
will be here on my blog 
each Monday starting in August.

I hope you will join me 
on this next adventure!
xx
Lori



3 comments:

Jean said...

While I am waiting for spring to arrive here in Wisconsin, I have to tell you your autumn love quilt is adorable.

Наталия Пилюгина said...

Lori, I like to sew together with you. It was splendidly! Due to you two blankets appeared for me - Floral and Christmas. With gladness I will take part in sewing of your new project Autumn love. I look forward to August.

ClaraZ1 said...

I can’t wait, awesome autumn quilt ��

Related Posts with Thumbnails