Monday, June 6, 2016

BLOOM Sew Along - The Big Finish!!!


Well the last day of our super fun sew along is finally here.
Thank you so much to everyone who has participated in making my 
BLOOM Quilt:)


I have loved working/playing with my 
Calico Days 
fabric collection for this project...


And especially loved using my first set of 



After finishing block 20 last week...
I cut my outside strips and squares for the inner pieced border...


And laid them out on the sides of my quilt
 to audition for fabric placement before sewing.

***TIP*** 
I always use my iPhone to snap a few photos 
when laying out borders and sashings to help me remember placement:)


Once I had all of my blocks and borders sewn...


I chose my backing and binding fabrics...
then it was time for the quilting:)


I love love love how my 
BLOOM Quilt turned out!


My good friend Juli Stubbs 
did the quilting for me
 and she did a beautiful job as usual:)
Thank you Juli!!!

I took a few close-ups so that you can see how I asked her to quilt it.


I asked her to quilt around the appliqués and to only
 quilt ON the appliqués around the flower centers. 

On each background block I asked for small loops to make the appliqués pop:)

I love how the quilting compliments each block without taking away from the detail.


I asked Juli to do straight line quilting on the sashings like this.
She used a natural (barely off white) 
thread on all of the blocks and 
sashing borders and squares.


On the outside border ... 
Juli quilted double straight lines
 and used a thread 
that matches the print:)


BLOOM now hangs on my bedroom wall and I smile every time I look at it:)

If you want to make one too...
to download the free pattern.

to purchase the 
BLOOM Sew Simple Shapes 
and get started!


All of the BLOOM tutorials for each week 
will still remain on my blog.

I have set up a link to each week
 in the order they were posted here...
on the right side bar of my blog.

Just look over to the right and scroll back up until 
you sew the block that you are looking for and click on it!

Easy Peasy:)

(if you can't see the right side bar of my blog...
 you are viewing it on your phone 
and will need to view the full web version)


Once again...a big 
THANK YOU!!!
to those participating...
it's been sew fun:)

I can't wait to see your finished 
#BLOOMQUILT

My next post will be all about
 my next sew along...
 so stay tuned!
xx
Lori






18 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! As always your work is fantastic. Love it! What about label? Is it possible to show how you did it? I am looking for some inspiration for it. This sew along was so much fun and I already have your shapes for next one.😘😘

B.K. said...

Thank you for allowing us to access your Sew Along Patterns after you have completed your quilt....have materials and your templates but have yet to start. Your tutorials are the best so I have no qualms about starting it when I can. Bless you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love, Love, Love this quilt!

Jane said...

LOVE it!!!!! I have started....block 6 done, 3 more ready to stitch down so I am so glad the instructions will remain on your blog!!! Bought the Christmas shapes so I must get working on this to finish before the next one starts!!!!!

Jan N said...

Oh my, it looks so cute! I'm still working on the last block but hope to finish by early summer, thanks again for this fun sew along!

Unknown said...

I have loved making this quilt. Thanks so much for the close-ups of the quilting. I was wondering how to best quilt the borders and squares. This gives me good ideas. Can't wait for the next quilt along.

Kim said...

Beautiful Quilt Lori...Our class is working hard to finish and we have been having so much fun. Anxious to start Cozy Christmas.
Thank You for sharing with us.

Sister7 said...

Just started block four and I was worried that the tutorials would disappear! I am so relieved that I can carry on being "blissed" and finish this wonderful cute cute quilt Lori. You are so generous with your creativity. I have all your books and have been doing your quilts for ages. Everybody loves them. God Bless you and yours
Anna

Eleana said...

I have mine quilted also. I also have the Christmas shapes, will you be starting another sew along soon? This one was sew fun! Thanks for the inspiration!!

manos de chicureo said...

Felicitaciones!!! Tu has logrado un bello quilt. De flores con lindas formas y sencillas y con un colorido muy alegre. De todo mi gusto.
Gracias,
Yasmin
(Congratulation!!! You have made a beautiful quilt. Flower with beautiful shapes and simple, with a colorful cheerful. Just my type.
Thank you,)

Clare said...

Thanks for this lovely SAL. I was wanting to follow along but was unable to get template till a later date. Hope I can get them at the same time your next ones come out. Happy Stitching.

Sharon said...

I have loved every week of making this quilt. I love every block and it has been so much fun. I have never done applique like this and I have so enjoyed it. Already bought the Christmas shapes and will be ready for the next one!!

Naomi said...

Lori, lovely as always! I just finished my blocks and I am putting it all together now! Based on your inspiration I am making a flower block of my own design for the label! You are amazing!!

I am so excited for all of your products especially the cutting mats!! Congratulations!!

I have all the materials for the Cozy Christmas and I look forward to sewing with you again in August!!

Dobieslady1 said...

I absolutely LOVE this quilt! I have been following along, using the same fabrics that you did and I have received so many compliments! This is my first time doing appliqué and I am hooked!! I can't wait to work on the Christmas quilt that you are doing. You are my favorite designer and I have all of your books, patterns, and your calendar. I can't thank you enough for opening my world up to appliqué!! God Bless You, Lori!! xo
j_dobler@msn.com

Pam L said...

How pretty this turned out! I have not been keeping up, but have the templates, fabric and your pattern so will be working on it at my next retreat. Thank you for the sew alongs. Still working on my Vintage Farm quilt as well. Love all of your designs and patterns, Lori.

Linda said...

Thank-You Lori, for the sew along, I finished mine about 2 days after you did. Sewing the borders
and all. Gonna have a long arm quilter, do this one for me. I had so much fun, loved the fabrics, and instructions. Enjoyed doing it each Monday. I already purchased the Christmas one, and getting it ready to go. Gonna do it along with you. My daughter also purchased it, and we are going to do it together. So excited.......Have a great summer, and look forward to August!.

LindaCC said...

Yes, every celebration needs a cake. I'm a pastry chef by day and a quilter on the weekends. Thank you Lori for making this block. Of course I love it.

wendy said...

I'm always late to the party 🙄 But just got your templates today at a quilt show!! I also bought the Christmas ones so I could be ready for the next project the lady told me was starting in August!! Thanks for leaving the Bloom directions up! I will be working on that over the next few months!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails