Saturday, October 22, 2016

New!! Cozy Block and Table Runner Tutorial!!


Last week I showed you my new
Cozy Block
that I made using my 
Cozy Christmas Fabric.
And this week...
 I have the tutorial ready for you!


I made this table runner and it
 fits perfectly on the 
farm table in my kitchen.
The runner measures 
30" x 58"

Do you want to make one too? 

Okay then:)
Sharpen your rotary cutters 
and let's get started!






CUTTING:
Sparkle Background - 1 1/2" yards:
(A) Cut 48 - 3" squares 
for making 96 HSTriangles
(B) Cut 76 - 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangles
(C) Cut 64 - 2 1/2" squares

Red Recipe - 1/4 yard:
(D) Cut 16 - 3" squares 
for making 32 HSTriangles
(E) Cut 15 - 2 1/2" squares

From Assorted Cozy Christmas Prints:
(F) Cut 54 - 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangles
(G) Cut 32 - 3" squares 
for making 64 HSTriangles

Binding - 1/2 yard

Backing - 2 yards


Use my shortcut method 
for making 
half square triangles 
that I show you 
in week one of the 
Cozy Christmas Sew Along.

Use the (A) squares 
for the background of 
all half square triangles. 

Make 32 - 
red and white half square triangles 
from the (D) squares

Make 64 - 
half square triangles 
from the scrappy (G) squares




Use your red half square triangles
 and sew them into 8 pinwheels.

They should measure 4 1/2" square 
before you sew them 
into the block center.



Pair up the scrappy half square triangles
 and sew them into
 32 segments like this.

Use the (C) squares 
for the 2 squares 
in these segments.

These segments should
 also measure 4 1/2" square 
before they are 
sewn into the block.



Make the remaining segment
 for the block by sewing a 
(B) and (F) rectangle 
together like this.

Make 32 of these and 
save the rest of the 
rectangles for the sashing:)

They should measure
 4 1/2" square as well.



Lay a block out 
on your design board 
like this and sew together!




Make 8 Cozy Blocks:)

They should measure 
12 1/2" square at this point.



Now sew the remaining (B) and (F) rectangles into the sashing strips like this. 
You will need 22 total and they should measure 2 1/2" x 12 1/2" at this point.



Lay out your blocks, 
sashing strips and 
red cornerstone squares 
to audition for placement... 
and sew them together 
to create your runner!



These are the Cozy Christmas prints that
 I chose for my runner backing and binding.



YaY!!! 
All quilted and bound:)


I love the way it looks on my table...


And it feels so good to 
have it finished and ready 
for when it's time to 
decorate for Christmas!


I'd love to see your 
Cozy Blocks 
so share them on 
and use the hashtag 
#CozyBlock

I'll see you back here
 bright and early on
 Monday morning
 for the block eleven tutorial 
in our  
Cozy Christmas Sew Along!
xx
Lori


5 comments:

allthingzsewn said...

Thank you so much for this Lori. Such a cute block. Love the finished look.

Lady Jane said...

Thank you for your tute!!! You are so very kind to do this for us. LJ

Rosa said...

So beautiful .Thanks you for the tutorial!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

I've got to make this! Lori this is beautiful -

Geri A said...

Lori, I so appreciate this tutorial and your lovely pictures and clear instructions. It is so very thoughtful of you to come up with this terrific project for us to use up the remainder of the Cozy Christmas fabric! Such fun this has been!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails