Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Catching Up

Well, I'm back from my camping trip and I'm really trying to get back to my regular schedule. It always takes me a couple of days it seems! I havn't shown you yet all of the "show & tell" photos that I took at this months applique and clothesline clubs. There are alot of pictures to show.

































We like to bring in things that we have collected or have been given to us by our grandmothers or mothers.





Or show off a few things that we have made!



Kathleen's fan quilt in progress that I showed you a while back is now complete. Isn't it beautifil? We are all so proud of her, it's a queen size!








Becky brought in a really old crazy quilt. It was really fun to see and so much beautiful work went into the making of it. It's really a treasure.

























Julie showed us two quilt tops that her grandmother made and that she is going to finish. This blue spider web is all handpieced.








I really love this star one. So many wonderful fabrics and so colorful and scrappy...my kind of quilt. Julie says that her grandmother used several of her grandchildrens fabric scraps from clothing she had sewn for them. Julies prom dress fabric is in there!


Her grandmother also "fussy cut" many stripes for an interesting effect.


Did I already say that I love this quilt?













Our project this month in clothesline club were these cute little shoe bags for traveling. I should have taken a close up of the this 30's fabric that Sandra put in our kits. It's really fun because it has tiny little shoes on it. Maybe you can see them if you click on some of the pictures of the shoebags. There are several more in the rest of this post.





Here is another one of our Darlene Zimmerman projects that Lucy has finished with matching yo-yo's in the center of each pinwheel. Cute!





How darling is this vintage button and buckle set. The perfect red. Don't you think it would be so cute used on a bag? Fun...but then you would have to take it off of the cute packaging. Maybe framed and in the studio would be better!





More fun aprons - we never get tired of showing and wearing them. By the way, it's required that we wear an apron when we come to clothesline club.











Look at this fun issue of Better Homes & Gardens from 1932. I love the cover photo...this would be cute framed also I think.


The graphics inside the magazine and the ads back then are too funny. I get a kick out of reading them.






























Because we were doing shoe bags, Lucy brought us a shoe bag that she had made a long time ago for some of her family from an old pattern that she had.
I think it's so darling and such a cute idea.
A shoe goes in each leg (which is stitched closed) and then a pair of socks in the pocket along with a note.








Lucy said I could redo the pattern and make a tutorial for you. I'm thinking ric-rac and buttons with more of a feminine shape like bloomers. I have already drawn it up and made a sample to show you later.
I am still planning on doing the apron water bottle tutorial also, just as soon as I get caught up with my deadlines...the tutes are coming, I promise - don't give up on me!



post signature

10 comments:

Kim Walus said...

Thanks for all of the great pictures. It almost felt like I was there enjoying all of the fun. It stinks to have to work and miss all of the fun. Oh well! I'm grateful that you share such wonderful things with us.

Ruth said...

And my sister says "Nobody wears aprons any more!" Maybe I'll forward her this post. Tee Hee Hee!!
It all looks like fun and I'll be watching for the tutorials.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, all the lovely things on your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Nedra said...

wow. so many wonderful things in your post today, I hardly know where to start! Loved the antique quilts and the shoe bags, aprons and friends look like so much fun. You girls know how to have a good time.

Unknown said...

It must have taken you hours to put these on the blog. I am so happy to have viewed all of this. Old and new coming together.
I love the shoe bags...and so functional too!
Thanks for posting.

Linda said...

Fun show and tell! I loved the scrapy star quilt - WOW!

Nanette Merrill said...

I know what you mean about getting back into things. It is hard for me to keep up without going anywhere! I'm glad you had a nice time. There is so much in this post that I can't possibly tell you all my oohhhs and ahhhh. I will say my very favorite little tid bit was the embroidered blue gowns. So so vintage sweet. How exciting to have you redo the pattern!!!! I'm beside myself with excitement. I made a cozy for my heating pad a while ago with an old quilted project that I took apart. I don't know why it took me so long but I love love love it. I use my hot pad everyday, well not in the summer, but we aren't having summer weather yet! I love the rain though. Fabulous post.

Anonymous said...

I am waiting on pins and needles for the tutes on the cute shoe bag and water bottle apron it sounds like such a great group .... sorry i dont live closer.
have a great day
ter
anmlvr13atyahoodotcom

Mary said...

So cute that you wear aprons to your meeting/get-togethers. I have my mom's old Clothespin apron. It's not as cute as the ones you have shown. Might have to make some shoe bags for the Daughters b-day this year. Waiting for the Tutorial...

Sherri said...

Thanks for sharing so many wonderful things! I had to read this post twice because I wanted to look at everything again!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails