Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kim, Kenna, Kassidy and Me

Today was such a fun day - I got to meet my quilty friend Kim of Bitty Bits & Pieces. 
We have been emailing back and forth and I feel like I already know her and now I do! She is one sweet and talented lady.

We found out through previous conversation that her Kenna is the same age as my Kassidy, so we set them up as "e-pals".They have been having fun getting to know one another via the internet.

Kim and I thought it was a great idea that we all meet in person so today we met at Archibalds in Gardner Village to have lunch. We also did a bit of shopping and picture taking afterwards.
As I said, Kim is very sweet and brought me this cute gift that she made. I "heart" this pincushion...Kim, thank you so much - she obviously knows that I love red, ric-rac & buttons!
She also brought me some graph paper & pencil to keep track of the ka-gillion "bee's buzzing around in my head" (aka-ideas) Thanks Kim, I'll put it to good use.

Here we have Kassidy and Kenna. Don't they look cute together...the beginning of friendship...very sweet.
Kim outdid herself again and made Kassidy this darling little purse.



Here's an inside view..... look how cute the pocket is, just right for Kassidy's little ipod shuffle.


Kim added a little tag with Kass's initial on the side. This purse just oozes cuteness...thanks again Kim! Kassidy "hearts" ric-rac too and loves this purse.


More generousity from Kim and Kenna. Just look at this sweet horse....a gift from Kenna to Kassidy. It's a webkinz plush toy which both of the girls collect. Kassidy adores the horse and has named her Bonnie.
Did you notice the adorable saddle that matches Kassidy's new purse? Oh, Kim...what a great idea and so darling.
I'm so glad we got together today but I wish that I would have been able to spend more time with them….quilty friends are the best!
But my studio table is piled high with things I must get working on.
Next time we plan to spend the day together and do some sewing with the girls.

Here are a few things on my worktable. I'm making another Apron Club quilt...the same pattern that I designed 6 years ago but have never been able to hang in my little cottage so...I'm making one for me!
Nadine at Material Girls is cutting kits for the quilt so I thought it was just the push I needed to make another. I'm really having fun with it.


Below is a new stack of fabric that will soon become 4 new blocks to add to my Family Reunion quilt...I'll show them as I make progress throughout the week. The blocks will be about family, grandma's and more food. Those things all go together don't they?



post signature

18 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh so much fun...lovely gifts from Kim...and the girls look like they've become fast friends! A sew day with the four of you will be a blast!

Karen said...

Looks like you all had a great day filled with lots of goodies. I met Kim at Piper's during the WSH last month...What a lovely lady. I smiled when I noticed that your girls were dressed alike...almost like they had planned it...remember the days?

Betsy said...

Lori I too read Kims blog and boy you are corect. She is highly creative , generous and talented.
I am so glad you guys met and had a great time.
Love, love the apron blocks.

Carrie P. said...

How much fun that was for you all to meet. Such nice gifts Kim brought to you. I think you have to change your name since the others all begin with K. LOL
It is kind of funny how the girls outfits kind of match too.
Love those apron blocks.
Busy, busy!

Micki said...

It is so nice that you got to meet each other and that the girls too have new friends. What lovely gifts too!
Micki

dream quilt create said...

What a fun lunch! Kassidy and Kenna are very pretty and they were matching. Isn't it great to make a new friend.

Debbie said...

What a fun Day! and it looks like the girls had fun too! I bet it was so much fun for them to meet. What a great way to start a friendship!

whitey said...

I bet I bought your pattern when it first came out I have had it for quite while (Shame on me) the little egg yokes intimidated me, so far the pattern is sitting in a drawer still collecting fabrics to get it started. What a slow poke!

Nielson said...

What adorable gifts--sounds like a great friendship for you a Kass!

potsandpins said...

I just love your blog - so much to see! I love the virtual "quilt show" I was able to see of your quilts over at Freda's Hive - you are so talented! I've got you bookmarked so I'll be back!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh what cute little gifts! I have a 'thing' for rick rack too! :-) And your aprons are adorable!

Sherry said...

That's great that the four of you got to meet for lunch & shopping, how fun! Love those wonderful gifts Kim made for you & Kassidy. Your apron quilt is going to be so cute...not that I'm surprised! :) Can't wait to see more blocks for the Family Reunion quilt. Loved this post - thanks much for sharing.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Lori, You girls look like you all have started a great friendship. Can't wait to see the girls sewing and the gifties from Kim are gorgeous. Great name for the horse.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Becky said...

Wow! What fun y'all had! Kassidy and Kenna look like "mini me" versions of you and Kim!

Busy Little Quilter said...

I had to smile really big when I saw the picture of the girls together. It's so cute how they are dressed alike.

Kim is a sweet heart. Your gifts from her a wonderful.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

what an adorable bag!! and i love the apron blocks!

Dawn said...

It looks like you had a super day!! The bag is darling along with the pincushion!

Nanette Merrill said...

Aw what fun. Two of my favorite people - you and Kim! Your daughters are really cute sitting there like that. What fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails