Thursday, July 30, 2009

More Blocks...

I added these blocks to the "Family Reunion" quilt this week for class. The quilt is starting to come together, we are almost halfway complete!
If you remember last months blocks, one of them was a cane to represent Grandpa. This month is a hat to represent Grandma....maybe one that she would wear to a reunion in the canyon. What do you think?

And a covered pyrex dish with a serving spoon. What's in your pyrex when you go to your reunion?



Another word to add to the others in the quilt that represent our family.... I like this word alot.


And some humerous quotes to add....Kassidy stitched these for me. Thanks Kass, that was a big help to me this month in order to reach my deadline.
I hope you all are having a great summer and have had the chance to go to your own reunion or at least take a stroll down memory lane remembering one from times past....


post signature

18 comments:

Micki said...

Really cute blocks! I love them!
Micki

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

The dish wrapped in a dishtowel with the spoon is something my grandma would've done. ;-) Thanks for the memories!

Judy said...

Can't wait to receive these in the mail!! What fun to reap the benefit of your creativity. Thank you.

Sherri said...

They are such fun blocks! And I love "heritage"...it's one of my favorite words too...I wouldn't be a quilter without that heritage from my grandmother and her grandmothers!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Darling. I love the covered pyrex dish and spoon.

Jocelyn said...

Very nice Lori. It will become a real family treasure :-)

Betsy said...

Lori, love it! It is coming along great. I have a hat like that , guess its cause I'm a gardening grandma!

Debbie said...

I love the new blocks! And the covered pyrex dish and spoon is sooo cute! Do you ever run out of ideas! Let hope you never do!

Nedra said...

You always manage to capture the memories. Of course, everyone probably had the casserole dish wrapped in a dishtowel. Took me back in memories immediately!
And the quotes are perfect.

Carrie P. said...

So very cute.

Sherry said...

I love these blocks. The Family Reunion quilt is going to be so wonderful. Love those humorous quotes too. Great job on the stitching Kass! Have a great weekend!

whitey said...

I get really confused when they start talking once or twice or three times removed, love your quote on relating to relatives.

Browndirtcottage said...

This is going to be the greatest quilt....and what a wonderful little stitcher Miss Kassidy is. I like that she has a hand in this
great design....I'm VERY impressed with her talents!!!
Your previous post was great too!! I'm so glad you always include alot
of photos!!!

Jan said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!!! It's very, very hard to pick a favorite, as I'm quite partial to them all :) Beautiful work!!!

Pamela said...

I am connecting the dots!! Are you currently teaching a block of the month class at Material Girls?? I saw your dolls on the wall in the back room, and fell right in love. They are amazing!!

Karen said...

Love the pyrex dish!!

dream quilt create said...

Those blocks are gorgeous, I would definately have potato salad in my pyrex dish. Kassidy sure is a "perfect" embroiderer!

Nanette Merrill said...

Good old Pyrex. I remember a green and orage version from my childhood. Always filled with casseroles and side dishes. I remember when the RS ladies in my ward had "covered dish socials".

Related Posts with Thumbnails