Sunday, November 15, 2009

Vintage Monday - Old and New Treasures

I know it's late Sunday evening but......I'm posting Vintage Monday a little early because I will be gone tomorrow for the day and I wanted to tell you about my fun day last Friday. Nanette and I met for lunch and we did a little bit of treasure hunting afterward.
I got this fabulous cake plate....it's made by joining a vintage china dinner plate on top of a crystal candlestick...add some satin ribbon and a little bit of tule....gorgeously vintage.
I think I'll put it in my livingroom and put some of my other vintage finds on it....a hat-white gloves-hankies-jewelry....I don't know, what do you think?












I picked up a couple of vintage linens....one with a beautiful monogrammed "H" and the other with a hand crocheted lace edge.
I always pick these up when I find them for a good bargain....I have cream and white vintage linens all over my cottagey livingroom.






This is Nanette and I together as we hunt for treasure.
Nanette is so adorable and I'm so happy that we met through blogging...I am blessed indeed. We have alot in common and I feel like we have known each other for longer than 6 months.

We even think alike....as we sat down at the resteraunt we pulled out gifts for each other at the same time...we laughed because we had each brought some fabric and a piece of homemade jewelry for each other....too funny!


This is what Nanette gave me....

A ring pincushion......how clever and cute is that?


Some fabulous fabric from her stash.....thanks for sharing some with me Nanette...I just love it.





Friday was a great day....I found a few old treasures while hunting...but the real treasure is the new friend I have found. Thanks Nanette!



post signature

13 comments:

Nedra said...

I think you and Nanette were actually twins who must have been separated at birth. Yes, you are so much alike! I'm so glad you have connected and that you get together for lunch's. Now I'm even more jealous I wasn't able to join you on Friday! Thanks for the pictures and for sharing the experience.

Kim Walus said...

What a fun time you had together. You and Nanette are both GEMS and I'm grateful to know you both. Thanks for being my friend too.

Melinda said...

How much fun. Part of the fun of blogging has been meeting a lot of fun people.

Love the cake plate--I'm getting ready to make one myself-these are sooo populare right now.

Thanks for stopping by Dreaming.
Come back soon.

Melinda

Jocelyn said...

What a fun time together. I have a friend that we are two bodies with one mind :-) I've just spent a week with her in Ohio. We love getting together to share, quilt, and just enjoy each others company. I love your cake plate. Someone made one for me using a saucer and a candle holder. I posted about it here -
http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/2009/04/birthday-pleasures.html

Thanks for sharing about your special time.

Jan said...

Beautiful plate and linens! Loved seeing you and Nanette too :) It's so nice that you all can get together and enjoy some quality time!

Nielson said...

(gasp)!!! I love that pincushion ring!!!! Did she make it? Did she buy it? Where? How? Love it!!! And I am so glad that the cake plate won :)

Nanette Merrill said...

I keep telling everyone how much fun we had. I told my husband we started laughing from the time we met until we left. I can't tell you when I had that much fun. Our pic looks more like a mug shot though - haha. So I laughed at that too. I love my necklace. I'm wearing it at work right now. I've been showing it off to family and friends. Even show and telled it at church! Thank you again. I haven't told Natalie about the fabric, yet. I suppose she'll read about it on the blog tomorrow. Thanks again, we had such a fun time. We have to make it a date and meet once a month. That would be something to look forward to.

Love the plate. Makes me want to make one. Yours is just lovely. The green is fabulous.

Susan said...

Two of my favorite quilters together--I thought you two knew each other from way back. Nice to see friendships made from blogging. I know I have added a few from blogging; isn't it great!

Carrie P. said...

How fun. I would love to meet you both.
Love your finds and the little gifts Nanette gave you.
Do you know how the candlestick and plate were glued together? (kind of glue)

Sherri said...

So much fun! You are both so wonderful and such an inspiration to me! We'll have to meet again for lunch, the three of us...I had a wonderful time!

Rae Ann said...

You two are just adorable!!! I love knowing you both! It sounds like you had a wonderful day together. I love it that you both were thinking alike when it came to gift giving. I love the cake plate and even though I haven't seen your living room, I think your idea is fabulous!

Thimbleanna said...

It looks like you two had a wonderful time -- and what fun goodies she gave you!

Gayle said...

I just discovered your blog...it's fabulous!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails