Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fun and Easy Neighbor Gift Idea...

Kassidy helped me out alot this year and decided to make gifts to give out to our neighbors.

This is what she made...
This is what she used...a package of kettle corn...a pair of stretch gloves...10" of green ribbon...a piece of copy paper...a red heart punched from scrap paper...a carrot cut from orange scrap paper...scissors...tape and a fine point marker.

She wrapped the popcorn in the copy paper...

Placed the stretch gloves on top for his hat (one glove is inside the other) and tied the green ribbon round the middle and trimmed.

She used pop glue dots to add the carrot nose and the heart...and finished them off with coal eyes and mouth which she drew with a marker.

She signed the back "Merry Christmas from the Holt's"...and placed them in a basket for delivery.
Oh ....I almost forgot!...she thought the snowmen looked a little washed out ...lol...so she added some blush makeup to thier cheeks!
Kassidy's snowmen gifties were inspired by this cute one that my friend Debbie from Busy as Can Be gave to me.
Debbie was inspired by THIS BLOG.

Well...before you know it Christmas Eve will be upon us...are you ready?

17 comments:

Kim D. said...

Kassidy's snowman project is very clever and adorable!

Wendy said...

I LOVE these snowmen! What a fantastic idea! I am so not ready for Christmas. I'm at work until about 4 on Christmas Eve and I still have to bake all of my biscuits as presents and also to finish knitting the ted bed I've been knitting FOREVER... oh, and I'd better wrap the gifts at some point... PANIC!

Judy said...

This is a cute idea!

Nedra said...

Good idea to have a snowman theme with all that snow you have been getting. I think we need a 'rainman' theme.
Merry Christmas!

Sewn With Grace said...

How cute is that?! I love how she put rosy cheeks on the snowman. Sounds like she is as creative as her Mom! Wishing I was one of the neighbors today :)

Mommarock said...

Waaayy Cute!! I love this idea, and will send it to my DD who doesn't have a lot of money but has a lot of friends who she would like to say Merry Christmas to!

John'aLee said...

Those snowmen are so cute. You should send that in to the 'Totally Tutorials' blog.

Kathleen said...

that is the cutest gift...I love it...thanks for sharing...
Merry Christmas...

Purple Quilter Queen said...

How clever! I'll have to remember that one! Thanks for sharing. Jenn

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What perfectly cute neighbor gifts. It is so nice of you to share your crafting time with your daughter with us.

Gigi's Thimble said...

Oh that is the cutest. I can't get over how detail oriented you guys always are! Great idea. I'll have to store that away for next year.

Gigi's Thimble said...

Oh that is the cutest. I can't get over how detail oriented you guys always are! Great idea. I'll have to store that away for next year.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Lori I love Kassidy's snowmen. I might have to do this with my grandbabies, we might have a few crooked noses, but it will be fun.
Merry Christmas to you and your family,
Bonnie

Micki said...

I love the snowmen...so cute! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Micki

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Lori!

I made a bunch of these to! Yours turned out so cute! Thanks for all your inspiration!!! Loving those quilts!

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Now off to finish tons of pillowcases for the grandkids!

Love,
Maryjane
xox

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Fabulous! Merry Christms, Lori!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Cute, adorable and genius. Of course. Hope you had a nice holiday. I have been wondering what the kids thought of the puppy. I've been going to text you but things are just now starting to calm down at my house. Almost glad to come to work today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails