Friday, September 7, 2012

Polka Dots - Roses - Music and BFF's...



Hello cute people!
I'm doing my happy dance this morning because


 will be in quilt shops next week!
WoooHooo!!!
I've been waiting for my bolts to arrive because I have used up pretty much all of the pre-yardage that I received last month and I need more...
so I am so happy it's finally here:)



This week while happily sewing away...
I could see my yellow roses
from the window in my studio that overlooks my backyard.


When they are blooming...
I always keep a cut rose or two from my garden in my studio...
their sweet scent and stunning beauty is enough to keep anyone inspired...
don't you think?


I grow several varieties and colors of 
in my 

They are my absolute favorite.
They look just like the huge cabbage roses that appear in famous vintage paintings.

The blooms are full with layers upon layers of petals and even when they start to fade...
they don't shrivel up and go ugly so that they have to be cut off.
As you can see...the petal color just fades to a very light pastel and they fall off one by one... leaving a scattering of scent and memory.


Speaking of memories...
let's talk about my playlist for a minute.
I have had several emails from you asking where my music went.
As you know...
I created a playlist for my blog from the many wonderful songs that my grandma used to play on her record player when I was a girl.
But ...
 no longer enables us to play on blogs...
but...
 you can still click on the radio on the right side to hear my playlist.

So for those of you who have missed listening to songs
 that bring back lovely memories...
tune in to my vintage playlist by clicking on the radio.

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!
As for me...it's a happy day for another reason too...I'm going to spend a long awaited afternnoon with my BFF Nanette.

Have a quilty kind of day my friends...
and I'll chat at you laters!!!
xx
Lori




23 comments:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Your new collection is gorgeous! I really like the grays.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Your new fabric line looks fabulous!

Deborah said...

I'm feeling lucky because I have Polka Dot Stitches on its way from 44th Street Fabric! And I'll be able to use it in the row along. What a wonderful BFF to have. Her London quilt is too amazing for words. :o)

trish said...

Have fun with Nanette! Tell her hi for me. :0)
Your roses are just gorgeous!! And your new fabric ... swoon!! I cant wait to see what you make with it! Have a wonderful weekend. Trish xo

Sasha said...

I'm so excited!!! I keep watching the online fabric shops to see if it's in yet :) I guess I can wait until next week :) Have a wonderful day and weekend!!!

Sherri said...

Hope you have fun...can't wait to see Polka Dot Stitches in real life!

Debby said...

Better save up some $$ for some of that sweet fabric!!

•stephanie• said...

i always wonder how you're going to top your last fabric collection.
no worries!
this line is as darling as ever.
love the doily print.
{and all the others!}

Cheryl said...

So excited about your new fabric...I have been trying to wait very patiently!! Have a wonderful day with Nanette!!

Quilter Steph said...

Hi! I can't get Playlist to work at all from YOUR little radio :>( I would LOVE to hear that great music. Can you list some of the songs? Thanks.

CathyK said...

I love your new line!!! WOW!!!! I'm drooling!

Jocelyn said...

Just knew that had to be a David Austin rose the moment I saw it. :) I adore them too & have a few planted in my flower beds. I love their full blooms & gorgeous fragrance. They're perfect for cottage gardens!

Love your new fabric collection too. How exciting it will be out so soon.

PamKittyMorning said...

So sew cute! Just like you. Did you have a fun outing? Can't wait for my next row!

Jeni said...

How Beautiful are your roses..just looking at them each day would put a smile on your face

Patricia Lessell said...

When will you ever produce a line that I don't have to have?!? And him upstairs has banned me from buying anything fabric related. So happy we get your stuff so much later here in the UK ban might be over by then and if not - look he can only kill me once so he'd better make it worthwhile.

LOVE IT!!!

Wendy said...

Lovely fabrics...playlist wont play for me either.

dream quilt create said...

Hope you had fun on your outing with Nanette:). I am here becausevRebecca had her baby 7 weeks early....baby is healthy but has to stay in nicu for a while. I will be buying your fabric live and in person next week!!! Can hardly wait to see next row but will have to wait til I get home to sew it :)

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Your fabrics are so pretty. I love the dots and will have to get some!
I think yellow roses are one of the most fragrant!

Judy said...

I have been trying to be patient for your fabric. I had wanted it for your quilt along. I saw the red online and almost bought it but I wanted to wait for all of it to arrive. I don't have any any green so that's my first choice. I am very excited too. I have Jackson's Perkins roses. Roses are my favorite. Congratulations on this new lone.

Charlotte said...

Beautiful roses. I would love to have some like that. Love the fabric.

Nanette Merrill said...

Sew fun being with you Friday. I have had zero time to sew this weekend! Well, not true. I did sew my backing for London together. I'm taking it tomorrow to the quilter. I am afraid it will take forever. Anyway I'm now going to reread the row along update blog post. Maybe I'll pick out fabric tonight.

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so excited! I just can't wait any longer. I plan on doing your Row Along Quilt with this fabric. I already did the first row in like colors so I'm thinking that will make the Polka Dot Stitches pop out some. Since you said that Row 1 was kinda like a filler row, I thought my plan was perfect. I can't wait to get this fabric, my absolute favs are red and aqua together! Thanks Lori for all the tips and inspiration, you are honestly my hero :)

Helen L said...

I was at Material girl in South Jordan two days ago. I don't live in Utah, home is in Calif, but my SIL lives in S Jordan-how convenient!! We were there for the wedding of her daughter. Anyway, they had just got your polka dot stitches fabric in that day and were cutting fat quarters. Needless to say I snatched up quite a few!!! :-P I love the colors and especially love the stitching images and the word print for backgrounds. Each line you design gets better, and that's saying alot, because I have loved each one!!! Bravo!! Have a great stitchy day!!! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails