Friday, October 26, 2012

Farmers Wife...Finishing Up the Blocks...




I've got 4 more farmers wife blocks to show you.
I now have 48 blocks sewn...
and that's how many I need for my quilt!
Yay!!!
I am not making all of the blocks in the book...
(there are 111 total)
 I wanted to make it smaller so that my quilt can hang on my kitchen wall.

My quilt will measure
55" x 69"
which will fit perfectly for the space that I have planned.


#45
Grape Basket



#85
Square Dance


#98
Waterwheel



#106
Wild Rose


Now it's time to think about sashings and borders.
After auditioning several fabrics from my stash...I like the way these 5 go together so these are what I have decided on.
What do you think?
Good choice?



I'm using Pam's small yellow polka dot for my sashings...
and my Sew Cherry yellow sew leaves for the borders...
my Sew Cherry red gingham for the binding...
 and finally the Annie's Farm Stand seed catalogue prints for the backing.

Now to lay out the blocks and get them into rows!
Wish me luck:)
Have a quilty weekend my friends!
xx
Lori

P.S. Stay tuned...I have a really fun announcement on Monday:)

29 comments:

Jackie said...

BEE-utiful, as usual!

Anita said...

Absolutely love your fabric choices! Can't wait to see it finished :)

Missy Shay said...

I love them, especially the backing!

Jeanna said...

So cute! My favorite of these is the Wild Rose block - the fabrics and the block are perfect.

Deborah said...

Such beautiful piecing!

carolann said...

Beautiful!! Great choice of fabrics!

Mary said...

Love your Blocks. I wondered how many you would make. Mine are all done and my quilt is waiting to be quilted. Big Announcement? Does it have something to do with Quilt Market?

Quilting with Kinsey said...

Lovely piecing and beautiful fabrics!

Quilting with Kinsey said...

Beautiful piecing and lovely fabrics

dream quilt create said...

Of course I like your fabric choices, they are sew beautiful!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Gorgeous blocks well done on making the 48.

Glinda ♥ said...

Fabby blocks and I love the backing fabric. Very inspirational :)

Sandy D said...

Good choices. I would love to see your backing when it is finished.

Monica at Buttoncounter said...

your Sew Cherry Yellow Leaves is one of my favorite yellow blenders...it is the perfect shade of yellow. Most of the time, I find yellow fabrics to be either too orangy-yellow, or too pale. Love it!

Candice said...

Ok, you're blocks are just amazing- I have been drooling over them the past year! :) NOW I am also drooling over the fact that you have enough seed catalogue to back it!! WOW- I have been lucky enough to get a fat quarter of a couple of the colors and would swoon over this much! Just gorgeous!! WOW again!

Bev said...

Your FW will be so cute! I'm going to start over and break open my FQ packs of Sew Cherry and Polka Dot Stitches. I was wondering whose bee fabric that is? Is that one of yours? Would you share the name of the fabric?

Thanks!

Rosa said...

I like your fabrics choice.I`m with Dear Jane,in blue fabrics.

Have a fun and happy sewing!

Unknown said...

I love, love, love these blocks. This wall quilt is going to be beautiful!!!

Pat said...

Can't wait to see it totally finished. Love, love, love the fabrics. Keep on quilting!!!

Rachel said...

I have been keenly following your FWQAL can't wait for the final product.

Jacqueline said...

I am anxious to see the finished quilt. Love your fabric choices.

•stephanie• said...

"what do you think? good choice?"
need you even ask?
you're the queen of perfect fabric selection.
that quilt is going to be spectacular.
how 'bout you give us a tour sometime of where you display all your masterpieces?
thanks in advance!

Karen said...

I love the fabrics and the blocks. Where did you get the bee fabric?

Patty said...

I love the fabrics. Red is one of my all time favorites. And I am in love with polka dots! Great choices.

Lisa said...

Sounds perfect! This quilt will be a cheery welcome to your home!

Sandy said...

Beautiful...can't wait to see it all put together.

Nanna said...

beautiful blocks & those bees are just too cute!
Helen

Nanette Merrill said...

I know you don't have time, but I miss the tutorials!!!! Love your blocks. I'm going to try to cut out my row 5 tonight.

PamKittyMorning said...

OMG!! I can't wait to see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails