Friday, November 16, 2012

A New Pattern - Sewing Scissors!!!...


This morning I am happy to announce the release of the first of my new patterns that I designed for my Polka Dot Stitches fall market display.

Yay!!!

It feels so good to be getting them into pattern form...
which is always the hardest part for me because I really try to write very detailed instructions for you...
and that takes a while:)


My quilt has 9 pair of quilty scissors...


One inch buttons where the blades cross...


They go upside down and right side up...


And of course I included a pair with red gingham handles:)



I made running stitches in between each row of scissors...



And finished it off with a cross-stitch border.


I loved making the X blocks... 
so I made a few more for a pillow with white jumbo pom-pom's:)




I used a few Sew Cherry and Millie's Closet fabrics along with my Polka Dot Stitches line...
 all 3 lines work together nicely don't you think?




Introducing...
by Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet


I had sew much fun making this quilt...
it's a perfect companion to my 

Many thanks to all of you who have emailed me asking about my new patterns.
I have so appreciated your patience as I try to get them all completed...
you are all really amazing and so sweet...
thank you again.

Have a quilty weekend:)
xx
Lori

37 comments:

Laura said...

Really cute quilt! Such a clever idea. I love that the scissors are pieced, not appliqued.

Carol said...

I love it! I've been waiting for it since I saw a picture of your booth.

My Vintage Mending said...

Amazing... Each little detail. YOu make patterns like no other and I adore the pillow...Thank you for sharing..smiles..Renee

Anita kroll said...

Love it! So cute.

Nedra said...

So cute Lori! love your new pattern, which will look so perfect on a wall in a sewing room. I just went to the Musical Instrument Museum in Scottsdale, and took pictures of a "Sizzor's Dance". I will send a few photo's on to you:)

Anonymous said...

Very nice, congratulations. I'm sure you put a lot of time and work into finishing the pattern which I'm sure many will enjoy.

lauraluvsloons said...

Your new quilt pattern might be the cutest sewing theme, pieced quilt ever!

lauraluvsloons said...

Your new pattern might be the cutest sewing themed, pieced quilt ever!

mascanlon said...

So cute, I need this for sure!

Kathleen said...

These are really clever. Well done you!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Another great pattern Lori.

Carrie P. said...

It is such a cute pattern. congrats! your designs are so great.

Darlene said...

I love, love, love this pattern, Lori. I've been waiting patiently for you to release this one. I need to have it NOW. LOL

Jean(ie) said...

That is soooo stinkin' adorable!

Jocelyn said...

Lori, this is SO cute. I can just imagine this hanging in a sewing room. Great pattern!

GO STARS! said...

That pillow is to die for! The scissors quilt is perfect for a sewing/quilting room.

Needled Mom said...

That is darling!! It would be wonderful for the sewing studio.

Barb said...

of course I saw the scissors
blades "x" and handle "o" and loved it!

dream quilt create said...

I love your new pattern! Everything about it! The pillow is sweet too, I love jumbo pom poms. I have them on my apron I made with your blue and brown sew cherry. I make the best food while I'm wearing it!

Jacquie said...

All your stuff is so darn cute. Thnaks for sharing your talents with all of us.

carla said...

Hi!!! It is very pretty and the scissors and buttons are to cute!!!

SIMPLESEW said...

LOVE IT>>

SIMPLESEW said...

Its fabulous, I dont do alot of patterns but this on I would love, I need a quilt for my sewing room..

Anita said...

I was eyeing this pattern since I saw it in your booth at market...can't wait to get a copy :)

SuperMomNoCape said...

This is such a cute quilt! And Congratulations on it's publication. I love reading success stories like this.

Kim in Oregon said...

Your patterns are delightful. I am drawn to your blog for the photos as well as the patterns daily. :) One of my favorite blog stops!

Jeanne said...

Love this quilt pattern! Its really cute! I need to get this pattern and make one!

Bari Jo said...

Oh is that ever C.U.T.E.! :O)

CathyK said...

Darling quilt!!!!

janice15 said...

Very nice...Happy Sunday with love Janice

Nanette Merrill said...

Super cute. One of your best patterns yet. I know there has been a lot of anticipation for this one. Did you get your etsy shop up yet?

Micupoftea said...

Just ADORABLE and unique. The pillow and pompoms are too cute also! Happy Thanksgiving :)

Pam Peterson said...

Love it! your patterns and fabrics are always so fresh and fun. I'm going to suggest to our local shop manager & owner to start carrying your lines! Thanks for sharing your talent.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Really cute Lori!!! you are one of the best...
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Jeanne said...

It's adorable, Lori! It's going on my 'want list' immediately.

Wendy said...

Another amazing pattern Lori! When i win the lottery I'm going to sit at home and sew up each and every one of your patterns!

Carla said...

What a cute quilt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails