Monday, December 10, 2012

2012 Holiday Tag A Long!...


When my friend Amy (nana company) invited me to join up with her 
I didn't even hesitate to say yes!


Amy and Kristyne (pretty by hand) have paired up and created 
 for making your own lovely holiday tags.
Thanks Amy and Kristyne!


I've always loved to make and give handmade tags and cards...
I think they add an extra special touch to any gift...
don't you?


The tags for the Holiday Tag A Long are made from fabric scraps..
 and the added embellishments are from bits and bobs in our sewing rooms.
For those of us who make handmade...
we have those little cuties 
hidden away somewhere
 in bin's, baskets or drawers....right?


For my tag...
I used a bit of fabric from Japan...
ric-rac, scraps of wool, 3 wool felted balls, and perl cotton for stitching.

My leaves are not holly shaped for this one...
so that it can either be a holly tag...
or cherries:)


I added a metal eyelet and red perl cotton for hanging.
It was so fun to make...
and you can bet that I'll be making many more tags...
the design possibilities are endless:)




I filled a lovely vintage pink depression glass candy jar with chocolate...


I added a handmade candy cane and tied on my handmade tag.
This little gift went to a my BFF Nanette 
when we met for our Christmas lunch last week.

Nanette and I live about 45 minutes away from each other...
we try to get together once a month and our time together is always too short:)

If you want to see all of the adorable tags that 
Amy, Kristyne and the other members have
 made for the 2012 Holiday Tag A Long...
I'll bet you'll be inspired to join along!
xx
Lori


17 comments:

amy said...

of course I LOVE your tag, Lori. so happy to see you "taggin' along!" I look forward to seeing more ;) xo amy

Kristyne said...

I love seeing your tag attached to a real gift for a dear friend! So lovely. :) xo Kristyne

Lynne said...

Oh my! That is one gorgeous tag!

my happy bluebird said...

This is so sweet! Love your tag and the wonderful gift for your friend. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Jocelyn said...

oh lori, this is so sweet. i lov e handmade tags and cards. but mine will have to wait til next year as i fell and broke my right wrist a week ago. i hope you and your family have a very blessed Christmas.

jocelyn

Best Training said...

What a nice tag, it's almost a gift!

Regina C. said...

just wanted to say I recieved my stitchy pattern today. Thanks for fixing the package so pretty, I really needed it today. I love all your work.

Nedra said...

You always come up with the cutest gifts! Darling tag, and so well made. I know Nanette must absolutely love it, especially because it's made from you :)

Marja Rijnsburger said...

This is so sweet.
I love the colours you have used.
Marja

Micupoftea said...

Awesome! I'm going to stitch some fabric tags up this week. Thx for the inspiration- super cute. Happy Advent :)
SHawn

Julie said...

So pretty! I think if you put a pretty bow at the top - somehow you would come up with the best way to do this - they would make the cutest ornaments for the tree! I received my pattern from you this weekend - loved your packaging so much and the note inside. It certainly brightened my day - thank YOU from the bottom of my heart for all you do for us!

My Vintage Mending said...

Darling. Maybe I should start some for next year. Smiles..Renee

My Vintage Mending said...

Darling. Maybe I should start some for next year. Smiles..Renee

Maxine said...

Love the tag...looks so good on the gift. Don't tell me you also made the candy cane? How many hours does your clock have and way?
Happy Holiday to you and your family....

Maxine said...

PS. Love the felted balls. I did see them on other tags as well, unless if was a tag you made. Did you make the felted balls?

Nanette Merrill said...

Am I not the most lucky gal in the world!? Yes. Thank you again. Allison keeps looking at the candy dish. I put it up and she acts like it is the most wonderful thing in the whole world. And it is. Love the tag. It is on my tree.

Lisa said...

I read on her blog how excited she was over that gift! The tag is perfect! Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails