Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Bee in my Bonnet Row Along - Row 10...Won't You Be My Neighbor?....Houses!!!!





It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood ...
a beautiful day for a neighbor...would you be mine?
Won't you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
Oh pleeeeease won't you be...my neighbor?

Good morning!!!
(compliments of me and Mr. Rodgers:)

It's time for Row 10 of the
Neighborhood Houses!!!

I designed these homes to represent all of us rowers...
YaY!
Now we really can be neighbors!!!


All cut to make one home.
I used 4 different prints in addition to my background.



Roof 


House


Windows



Door 
and
Chimneys




Background



Lay out your block on your design board like this and let's build a house!


Start by sewing a square on each side of the windows...
press towards the window.



Now add strips to the bottom...
 Press away from the windows.



Lay them back out so that you know what piece goes where:)



Now sew a window section to the sides of the door like this...
Press towards the door.



Now add the top strip and press towards the strip.



This is what the back looks like:)



Sew a white rectangle onto each side of the house.
YaY!!!

Now onto the roof:)



Sew an Easy Corner Triangle onto each corner like this.



Trim and press towards the triangles.



Now sew the chimney strip together like this...
(can you see the block better on my cutting board?...good:)



Press towards the chimneys.



Now sew the chimney section to the top of the roof.



Press towards the roof top.



Sew the roof to the house ...



and press towards the roof again.



YaY!!!
You have built your first house!


Now keep on building!!!

I know these happy little houses are addicting:)





Make lots of cute little houses to live in the 
Bee in my Bonnet neighborhood:)


Decide the order to sew them in and prepare your sashing.

Sashing




Press seams towards the sashings...


And the background strips.


Which house do you want to live in?
(can I borrow a cup of sugar...or maybe a few eggs?)

Sew...
what do you think of row 10?
Do these houses make you happy too?



As a reminder...
to join the row along flickr group.
  
 Also if you want to share your own photos...
and you can always find all kinds of row along inspiration there!


Have fun building your own houses to become my neighbor...
I can't wait to see them!
Have a quilty kind of day:)
xx
Lori

***EDIT
The instructions and pattern for the
 BIMB Row Along Quilt are in my new book
"QUILTY FUN"
You can reserve your copy today
by clicking HERE


32 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh my! These are adorable! My favorite row so far!!!!!!!!

dream quilt create said...

I love this row, it reminds me of "Comforts of Home"! The cottages are so you :)

Over40 said...

They are so cute!

Teatime Creations said...

These are absolutely precious.

Deb said...

I love this house pattern I thought i would also use it for a border treatment on another quilt that I am working on!
Love your row a long! great patterns excellent fabric and perfect tutorials!
You can make a beginner feel confident

Beausoleil Quilts said...

These houses are a lot of fun to make. They go together so easily. As usual,Lori, your instructions are so clear and easy to follow. Now a whole 2 weeks to wait til the next row!

barncat (Lisa) said...

Aw, such a cute row! I wish I had such a talented quilty neighbor as you. :) Till that pesky thing called work makes me leave the house this afternoon, I know what I'm doing today!

Rosa said...

These are wonderful.One of my favorite row.Happy sewing!!

JudyC said...

Oh, I have always thought the house blocks were cute, but today.....now I want to make them. I am pretty new to this kind of thing, but I know I can follow your instructions. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

circle r motel said...

Its just like Christmas every two weeks to wake up and find a new "row" to sew. The house is darling and yes .... "so you". Thanks for your hard work!

Unknown said...

Love them!!!

Connie said...

Could not be any cuter!

karen said...

Adorable! Love house blocks.

•stephanie• said...

you've got to be kidding!
the one with the "night before christmas" roof?
my heart might explode from all the cuteness.
{i cut out my "leaves" row last night. i'm practically caught up now!}

Libby said...

OH MY ~ This is my favorite row ~
Thank you so, so much for taking the time to do the "Row Along".

Have a wonderful day,

Sewn With Grace said...

Sssqquueeaal!!! I'm moving into the pink house for sure! I can hardly wait to get started!

Deborah said...

Love these! Going to catch up with all my rows on next month's retreat!

Kathleen said...

This is just adorable! You are so generous to share your talents through this row-along. I hate to admit it, but I haven't even started yet. I did have the forethought though to make a wish list of fabric and I received a lot of it for Christmas. Just need the background fabric now and I might be able to start!

Kathleen O'Grady said...

Oh my goodness, those houses are so adorable! All your rows are amazing! Great creativity!

gilly said...

Cute, cute, cute! Can't wait to get started and chose all my fabrics. The pink one's my favourite, but I'd happily live in any of them ;-)
xx

Sheila said...

They are so cute, Lori! I love all the rows! But I'm partial to house blocks, so I'm really looking forward to piecing this happy row.
It's fun to see what you are going to help us create every two weeks.

Sheila said...

They are so CUTE! I look forward to piecing this row of sweet little houses!
Thank you for hosting such a great row along. I look forward to playing every two weeks.

Becky said...

Super fun fabrics and blocks! Gotta love those houses...so very classic. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This one is tied for favorite with the Apples for me. I have printed off all the instructions and am living vicariously through the other quilters right now. I have fabric ready, but just not enough time in the day yet. Here's hoping I can start before you finish!!

Anita said...

These are so stinkin cute I can't stand it :) I love your houses! Thanks so much for the great tutorial and sharing these :)

Kathryn D. Duke said...

so nice to see you using "nice" scissors in a post back...it amazes me to see quilters using cheap ones...

alittlebitcrafty said...

love these houses and all instructions!Don't know if this has been asked but will the instructions be available in PDF format in the future?

Lydia Goode

ipatchandquilt said...

Cute as a button! Thank you for the tutorial!!!
Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Annie said...

Yay, I love these! I thought they would take forever to piece together, but they actually came together super quick. I'll post some pics to the flickr group tomorrow morning. Thanks again! I'm LOVING this row along and so excited to see my first quilt growing and growing

Gunilla said...

The houses are adorable!
Regards,
Gunilla in Sweden

sandra said...

Hi, it's just to thank you for The Great Granny Along you organized during last summer! I finally finished and blogged about the quilt! Thanks Again!
You're having a great and beautiful row along, but I had to stay out, couldn't find time to be on schedule!

JulieAnn said...

I love this whole quilt so much. I am working on the houses now and love them! Can't wait to see it all together. Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails