Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Quilty Barn Along Youtube Tutorial...Barn 5...Maple Leaf block!!!...


Rise and Shine cute people...
It's Quilty Barn Along day!!!

This is barn #5...


A cute 6" Scrappy Maple Leaf!!!

This is a really fun block to make and 
it looks so cute on the side of a barn:)

Sew...
let's get started!


Cut all of your squares for the maple leaf block 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"...

***EXCEPT....
Cut 2 of your background squares 2 1/4".
(they go on each side of your brown square for the stem)

to go to the maple leaf block tutorial that I 
have already done when I did my Farmers Wife quilt.



After your block is sewn...
 Build a barn around it!
(my sashings will be added later...
 when I get an extra minute...
 after spring market is over:)



If you can't remember how to build a barn...
 for the tutorial
or else...


to see me doing the tutorial in person!

Yep...
that's me in my studio along with Kimberly from 

A few weeks back...
Kimberly and Chelsey flew all the way from Texas to Utah... 
to film me doing several quilty things
 in my little studio...
 in my little cottage!

We filmed for 3 days and one of the segments 
that Kimberly requested was a Quilty Barn Along block.
So click over and visit me in my studio:)

Have a quilty kind of barn buildin' day!!!
xx
Lori

P.S. I'm looking forward to seeing your blocks posted
 on the Quilty Barn Along page!






14 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, as always..
Kisses from Sapin
Elena

Lesley said...

Good morning! What a great way to start the day with another wonderful barn block and a visit to your studio! Congrats for hosting the Fat Quarter gang...loved seeing your home studio and your excellent tutorial!

Michele T said...

Love it!!!

Cherilyn said...

I just watched your tutorial and on your work table I spotted the cutest pin cushion ever made in the back of a little red truck!!! Did you make that? Is there a tutorial? I think I need one for my sewing room. I love building the little barns. Thanks so much for sharing your talents!

Nanette Merrill said...

Nice job! I saw the video and it turned out really good. How fantastic. Exciting. Good for Lori.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Thanks for another great barn block!

busyascanbe said...

What a tutorial! You did a great job and didn't seem nervous at all. And your blocks are turning out darling!

trish said...

Thank you for inviting us into your adorable studio! Your tutorial is fabulous and your sewing methods flawless!
It was so fun "seeing you" - next time I will bake muffins! :o)

jenni said...

Dear miss Lori, I loved you from the moment I found your blog! You are so inspire me to be a better quilter! And then today I watched your video on youtube! You are the best, my favorite part?, bare feet! Keep up the beautiful work!
Jenni

Helen L said...

I just watched the video. It was great, and so good to see you actually sewing: it gave me a few tips, such as, how helpful that angler tool is! So fun to see your collection of irons: do they all work? I'm going to have to scour some yard sales for one: I like the sole plate with no holes. :-) have a great day, and thanks for all the great posts, quilt-alongs, and eye candy you give us. You are truely sweet!! Hugs from Helen in Healdsburg

Miwako said...

I love this quilt along very much. I have to finish my "trip around the world" first and maybe, maybe settle down to built some barns. ;) Thank you for the tutorial.

Unknown said...

Having such a good time with this quilty barn-along!

Kimi said...

Lori you sound as adorable as I knew you would!

Sasha said...

Another adorable block!!! I saw the tour of your crafty space and LOVED it. Would you please come over and help me with my small space? =D

Related Posts with Thumbnails