Last week while I was on retreat...
I was able to finish up the top of the first quilt in
The Quilty Barn Along
If you happen to follow me on
you watched my progress every step of the way:)
It has been so much fun to piece this quilt...
Each and every barn has been a labor of love:)
I made all of my barns in this quilt red...
And I used
colorful prints in the
sashing's to set off the red barns nicely.
I also added another set of sashing strips around the outside...
So that there would be 2 strips on all 4 sides of each barn.
I'm not adding additional borders.
I don't think it needs them and
I'm happy with the size of the quilt.
(it's a twin)
I cut a - 2 1/2" square for each corner.
They are all different fabrics ...but all are aqua.
I cut the outside sashing strips...
2 1/2" x 20 1/2"
(you will need to cut 14 of them)
64" x 84"
Designed and made by
of Bee in my Bonnet
I am working on finishing up
the embroidery for the Tractor label
on the back...
so that I can get it
off to the quilters.
I'll show you the label
as soon as it's complete!
Leave me some bloggy love and
let me know what you
think of my first Quilty Barn finish!
Have a quilty kind of day...