Monday, August 18, 2014

Jelly Roll Jam 2 - A Free Tutorial!! ...


I made a super fun and easy
 jelly roll quilt over the weekend...


The pattern is by Fat Quarter Shop
 and is another awesome pattern
from thier YouTube 
Short Cut Quilts Series:)
This quilt is a sequel to the 
original and very popular 


I could hardly wait 
to get started on this one!

I chose to make my quilt 
with this new fabric line called
Milk Cow Kitchen
I am a farm girl you know:)


I downloaded the 
from
 Fat Quarter Shop…
and sewed my
 Jelly Roll Jam 2 together 
while Kimberly held my hand
 each and every step of the way
 via YouTube and my iPad mini:)
Hi Kimberly!!!

Thanks so much…
it was fun having you right
 beside me in my studio again:)


I quickly sewed my strips together
and made my wide blocks 
and narrow blocks
just like Kimberly told me too:)


I layed out my rows on the 
floor of my family room
which happens to be next to my table.

I discovered that if I added 
one more wide and one more narrow block
 onto the end of my three rows...


 my Jelly Roll Jam 2
 would fit the top
 of my table perfectly!

So mine is just a bit longer
( 36 1/2" wide x 48" long)

I just used my leftover 
jelly roll strips 
to make the extra blocks and it 
worked out perfectly because...


the backing and binding yardage
that Kimberly called for in the pattern
were just the right size:)


After I sewed my three rows together…
I quickly pin basted it
and did a little quick and easy
 straight line machine quilting:)


Final step was to 
add the binding of course!


Jelly Roll Jam 2
 could easily be used 
as a baby quilt
or a small lap quilt too.

It's such a great little pattern 
and a fun way to 
play with a jelly roll:)


I love the way it turned out
and the way it looks on my table.


A little peek inside my
  cottage wall cupboard:)


So join in the fun and 
go ahead and grab yourself
 a cute jelly roll...  
to download the pattern
and then
to have Kimberly visit 
YOU
in your sewing room...


while you make your very own
Jelly Roll Jam 2!

Have a quilty kind of day!
xx
Lori

16 comments:

Little Quiltsong said...

Thank you for such a wonderful inspiration to this Jelly Roll Jam 2 Quilt! Somehow you have that 'giving' of a last little push I sometimes need to start the next project. This does sound like fun - now which fabric should I use.....!
Also I'm very excited with all the 'rumbling' I hear about another of your wonderful books coming out! Can't Wait!!

Unknown said...

Perfect!!!
Now all I need to do is break open a jelly roll.......

Holly said...

This is so ADORABLE!!! Thank you for sharing! Ü

lilyrose said...

I'm loving the fabric you chose for this quilt! Thanks for the tutorial!

Darlene said...

It's adorable, Lori. Love the fabric choices. :-)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

It looks gorgeous on your table! Cute idea!

Kari R said...

Beautiful quilt! A question... Do you change the foot for machine quilting or just lower the feed dogs? I've been experimenting! Thanks and I love your work and style!

Rosa said...

Such a gorgeous quilt.Thanks you for the tuto and tips!

Cecelia said...

Thank you for sharing you always make quilting so fun!

Vicki said...

This is such a cute quilt! Thanks so much for sharing.

Terry Conner said...

It turned out great. I have to make one. I love the milk cow too!

Jackie said...

This looks fantastic Lori:)).
Jackie

pharmgirl75 said...

That fabric collection looks so fun! It made a very cute table topper.

Becky said...

This is an adorable and fast pattern. I have ready finished 2 tops ready to sandwich and have another one ready to see . Two are baby quilts and one i usd the whole jelly roll to make a couch throw. Thank you for sharing!:)

Nanette Merrill said...

That turned out really cute. It is perfect there.

mamageese said...

Adorable! Thank you for taking the liberty of modifying someone else's pattern. I learn from you each and every post, I'm not very creative to branch out on my own, but with simple little modifications, I'm gaining confidence. I love your stuff!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails