Friday, September 4, 2015

Farm Girl Friday - Week 19 - New Farm Girl Vintage Flowers Pattern!!!

Good Morning Farm lovers!
We are moving right along with 
and we are already into week 19!


So grab your book and let's get started
 on the blocks for this week:)

 To get a copy of your own...




Turn to page 62 and
 let's talk about my
Spring Star Block
It's an easy block to construct and 
I like that it has 
three color combos to play with:)

A perfect choice for scrappy happiness.


I used my 
"County Fair" 
Mix and Match Setting
 on page 112 to make a 
fun little quilt
 using twelve 6" Spring Stars:)



Even though these two quilts
 are the exact same setting...
they look completely different because
I used the same background fabric
 throughout the entire Spring Star quilt
 instead of using scrappy fabrics 
for the borders like in the Milking Day quilt.



I LOVE how this cute little quilt turned out
and I think that the red gingham binding 
adds the perfect Farm Girl Vintage touch!





I love the addition of the 
Spring Star
 in the sampler quilt 
on the cover of the book...
you can never have too many
 star blocks in a sampler!


Speaking of star blocks...
let's move on to our next block
Simple Star Block
on page 61 of the book.

I have talked about this block already
 in a few of my previous posts
but this week is finally 
it's turn to shine even more!


I used my 
"Picnic" 
Mix and Match setting
to make this summer quilt.


I dug into my scrappy stash of 
blues, aquas, reds, 
pinks and whites for this one:)



I love the Picnic mix and match setting
 because it uses both the 
12" and 6" block sizes...
and looks great with other quilts!


A farm girl can never have
 too many quilts
so let's talk about one more
 to add to the pile!



Remember when I did this
 farm girl block mash up
 using my Crops block and my
Sunny Sunflower block?


Well...for my 

I always design a few
 Farm Girl Vintage companion blocks 
for my students to play with.

 I designed a few more flowers 
to go on the top of my crops block.

Poppies and Tulips!

I think they look great 
with the Sunny Sunflowers 
and makes for a super cute 
Farm Girl Vintage Flower bouquet:)

I designed 3 different 
variations of my "Poppy" block...



and 3 different variations of
 my Tulips block.
Both in 6" and 12" sizes of course:)



These are some of the 12" sizes
and I made them into a runner using the 
 Harvest Table runner setting on page 124.



Then I made even more
 Farm Girl Vintage Flowers
( 12" blocks )
because they are so addicting!



Then I made 4 of Farm Girl Vintage Flowers
 in the 6"size blocks for a fun pillow:)




I'm not kidding when I said these are addicting to make.
I just can't stop sewing them!

I love flower blocks so much
and in my opinion...
there should be 
lots of flowers on my farm:)



And as usual...
these blocks are an 
amazing way to use your 
because the color combos
 in the Farm Girl Vintage Flowers are endless.

By request...
(a BIG thank you)
All of my companion blocks 
will be available at 
Fat Quarter Shop
as PDF patterns.

Fat Quarter Shop 
is of course the
amazing publishers of my books
and this is a way that 
we could get these 
"companion block patterns"
 out to all of those who
 aren't able to attend my 
Farm Girl Vintage 
Workshop/Rereats:)

 Farm Girl Vintage Flowers PDF 
is now available.

to get your copy if you want to 
grow some tulips and poppies 
in your Farm Girl Vintage garden:)

There will be more 
Farm Girl Vintage Companion blocks
 because I'm still teaching my workshops.
YeeHaw!
Coming soon are my...


Corn and Tomatoes 2


 Vintage Hand Mixer


Homemade Jam 
(my 6" Farm Girl Blocks fit for a jar label)



to get my Penny Pig PDF


to get my Apple Picking PDF



for the Farm Girl Friday's
sew along schedule and
to see this weeks bloggers:)


Thanks for playing
 Farm Girl Vintage with me today...
let's play again next week!
xx
Lori




9 comments:

Little Quiltsong said...

Love the excitement and 'coming soon' patterns. Love that all your new patterns are PDF's and I can 'scoop' them up quickly. Your new Flower Blocks are definitely a stash buster in such a beautiful way. Love them! I love your Spring Star and Simple Star blocks and have used them in one of your quilt patterns from your book. Thanks, Lori!

Sinta Renee said...

I am always amazed at your creativity Lori and this week is no exception ! I have been admiring the quilts from your retreats! I'm glad I didn't hit the send box yet on my shopping cart at FQS. (where I have the pink stiching guide). I especially love the pillow project you surprised us with!

Susan said...

Lori. Your creativity truly amazes me. I was loving the sunflowers and thought how cute and clever. Then I scrolled down and saw the poppies and tulips and was beside myself (yes, I squeeed). But when I saw the corn and tomatoes, I was totally amazed and smitten.. Those are beyond adorable!! I can't wait to sew more flowers and produce... I love your scrappy look and have adopted your "scrappy happy" expression. :)

Natureluvr57 said...

I love seeing all the inspiration. I love flowers and want to make a garden full soon but I'm working on my Pink and Purple tractor right now. I have the tractor finished and will be starting the field of pinwheels this weekend. THIS IS A 10 STAR BOOK! Love it. I have my eye on the corn & tomatoes and piggy for the future too.

Unknown said...

Lori what is the fabric background... Ie kraft color?????❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Linda said...

Do you do retreats in Texas?

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

I love the flower blocks and hope to make a cute table runner with these soon :o) Hard to pick one block to make when they all are so beautiful! Perfect scrapbusters!

Unknown said...

Lori thanks to you I know exactly what I want to do with my stash I am fully inspired my whole world has changed I no longer feel stressed about using up my scraps that I have hung on to for oh twenty years or more . Now theres not enough hrs in a day so much to do I love it your the greatest!:) your friend steph

LynneDMacKinzie said...

Thank you Lori for your books. I love them and yes, it is addicting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails