Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Aunt Elsie's

IMPORTANT!....to get the full effect of this post...you will need a soundtrack to accompany it! Please scroll down to the bottom of my blog and click onto song #1....turn up the volume on your computer....then scroll back up and begin .......:)

My little Mitsubishi 4 wheel drive made it through the snow all the way to Aunt Elsie's yesterday....which is only about 10 miles away from my home. We had our Dear Jane luncheon there and here are the pictures that I promised yesterday.

I arrived about 1/2 hour early just to see if Denise needed any help....well I should have known that she didn't..... When I walked through the door, I could hear old Christmas music playing and feel the warmth in the cute little cottage that is Aunt Elsie's....warmth was important because it was 17 degrees outside. Brrrrrrrrr!

I walked into the back room to find Denise putting the finishing touches on the table.....it looked beautiful! In a few minutes, the caterer arrived...the food smelled delicious.

Everything was under control so I had plenty of time to walk around and take pictures for you while I waited for my Dear Janiacs to arrive.

I took ALOT of pictures so that you would feel like you were there with us......
























































































If you live here in Utah and would like to visit Aunt Elsie's....the address is 9118 South Redwood Road in West Jordan.

This is the window that we sat next to..........the sun was out but "baby, it was cold outside"



This is the vintage chandelier above the luncheon table.....I love it.....I wish it was for sale!


As we arrived at the table, we were offered our choice of hot chocolate, hot cider or herbal tea.....in vintage teacups of course! I had peppermint tea.....my favorite. Which would you prefer?


Here are the place settings.....sit down with us please.


Luncheon is served.....Turkey Pot Pie....Strawberry Fields Salad.....Homemade Rolls....Caramel Brownies.....DELICIOUS!



I'm glad you could join me for this months Dear Jane luncheon......I hope you enjoyed yourself!



post signature

15 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

How fun! Thanks for all the photo's~ it did feel like I was right there. :-)

Diva Kreszl said...

It's all so beautiful...I wish I was there! Thanks for all the great pictures, so much fun to look at all the goodies!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Thanks for taking me along! I had a great time.

Jocelyn said...

Oh wow Lori, everything looks so lovely, and the food looks so delicious and inviting. Thanks for taking us along ;-)

Rae Ann said...

Lori, I think I need to come for a visit and go on a little jont with you over to this darling place! HOW FUN this looks! The pictures were great and I loved everything I saw. Thanks for sharing!

Jan said...

Oh what a fun luncheon! You girls sure do know how to throw a party. I think I would have chosen the "hot chocolate," especially in those temps! I'm still in shorts and sandles down South! Tks so much for sharing your lovely day :)

Nanette Merrill said...

Thanks for all the pictures and work you put into this post. I loved it and looked at everything a couple times. Now I'm hungry! The food looks scrumptious. The plates with ribbon, the christmas balls, the cardinals . . . everything was so lovely. The teapots, and goblets, the jewelery - I'm so attracted to it all. I've got to pay another visit very soon. I need to pick up some vintage christmas balls from her. So fun. Glad it was wonderful. Denise is very nice.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, I did enjoy myself! I'll take hot chocolate as I stroll about gazing at all the pretties. I especially love the red snowmen, and the cute dressed-up doll. What fun you all must have had, cold or not!
Brenda

Melinda said...

Thanks for the email--Looks like way too much fun. It's probably a good thing I live in Kansas or I'd be checking this little place out.

Thanks for sharing!
Oh--and come by Dreaming sometime!

Melinda

cherry said...

OHHH such eye candy. I would be to busy looking around to eat! bUT THE grub doesnt look half bad either! cherry

Anne Fannie said...

Wow, what great pictures, I love all that vintage stuff! But I was cold the whole time I looked at them, I could feel the cold outside in your post!
~Ann

dream quilt create said...

Sigh......with happiness!

Kim Walus said...

Wow! What a lot of fun. I did feel like I was there and the food looked really good. Thanks for all of the great pictures. Aunt Elsie's? Is that a store or is she your aunt? I'm just a bit confused.

happy zombie said...

I'm so glad you took us along. And when I got to the Turkey Pot Pie... I licked my monitor. You may want to wipe your side of the monitor with a Clorox wipe (I have a cold).

Unknown said...

I am so glad you posted the photos and address of this place! How wonderful it is! I will have to pop by one day and browse. You know the best places to go!
Kari

Related Posts with Thumbnails