Wednesday, December 2, 2009

If I knew you were coming...I'd have baked a cake!

....and here it is! Yellow cake with chocolate frosting....a classic at our house when I was a girl.
I added this block to my Family Reunion quilt last week. My students and I had a chuckle in class about the fact that it's on a fancy cake plate when the reunion is supposed to be in the canyon....I said that it was made and brought by that endearing great Aunt who always has to out do everyone.....you know her.....every family has one! LOL

I also added this baseball and bat.....all of my Family Reunions usually involved a game between all of the cousins. Everybody only got up to bat once or twice because there are so many cousins on both sides of my family. The older kids would always help out the younger kids....sometimes among us, there were tears because of strike outs and sometimes a bruise or two after getting hit with the ball ....good times...good times.

Just in case you were wondering what a reunion is......Kassidy stitched the definition to go in the quilt to remind you! LOL...


Here they are together...Novembers blocks and it's already time to start drawing up the December blocks....WOW! ....welcome to December everyone:)



post signature

13 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Very cute. I'd love to make a birthday cake banner quilt to wish someone a Happy Birthday. Your cake is so cute. Inspirational. Great design, great colors, great fabrics. Absolutely yummy!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Melinda said...

The cake looks good enough to eat!
Love the baseball and bat too.
Very creative.

Melinda

Karen said...

That cake looks good enough to eat!!

Rae Ann said...

Lori...the cake looks good enough to eat. Very sweet! I love the ball and bat...great addition.
Tell Cassidy that she is getting so good at stitching that she is starting to show some of us up! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a yummy looking cake - very creatively done.

Nedra said...

Makes me want to pull out the cook books and bake a chocolate cake! We always had to have a big, cold glass of milk to go with the cake, too.

CJ said...

That cake is here quite often since it is my husband's favorite. SO cute for the quilt!

Renate Bischoff said...

The chocolate cake is such a cute pattern. And the best: no calories. LOL
Renate

Micki said...

What a cute birthday cake!
Micki

Nanette Merrill said...

clever, of course. I expect no less from you. The cake plate is classic especially considering your new one(s). That Kassidy is a keeper. Talented and sweet.

Unknown said...

Love this one!! You know, you have done thanksgiving, valentines....what about Christmas?? I can only IMAGINE how awesome that would be!~!

Carrie P. said...

The cake is so sweet. lol Love it all.

Browndirtcottage said...

...I.LIKE.......oh me...I MUST get
started on the goodies I won from
you...everytime I go to town I hunt
for fabrics to use....by accident
I found the plaid for the scarecrow
shirt in my own stash...YEH!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails