Monday, December 7, 2009

Vintage Monday - Vintage Place!

I thought I would show you where I am going today......that is if I can get out of the driveway...we have LOTS of fresh snow this morning. I love how the snow looks but not loving the roads being covered. Good thing I have my trusty 4 wheel drive!

Anyhoo...back to where I'm going. I am meeting with my Dear Jane group for our Christmas luncheon at a very cool, very vintagey place....Aunt Elsie's.
Aunt Elsies used to be the Lavender House but Denise is now the new owner and she named it after her Aunt Elsie. She is opening up the back room for catered luncheons and that's where we will meet on this snowy Vintage Monday.
I took these pics there quite a while back and never showed you so I thought I would today.
These are the kind of places that I frequent instead of the malls! Mall stuff is too new for me, I like something with a little bit of character and history attached to it.
Aunt Elsie's is an antique/gift shop. She not only offers antiques for sale, but antiques that have been repurposed into some vintagey cuteness.











The picture below is proof that I took these a while back!....Denise has now put away the fall decor and has wonderfully vintage Christmas out....




This is where I bought my pink shoe that I showed on another Vintage Monday. I snapped this picture right before I snatched it up to add to my collection.


I'll take more pics today to share....happy Vintage Monday everyone!


post signature

7 comments:

Thearica said...

Oooh...I am jealous! Sounds like an absolutely fantastic day! Wish I could come too! Have loads of fun!

Rae Ann said...

Looks like a great place! Wow, how fun!!! Have a great time!

Jocelyn said...

What a very lovely place to visit. I love places like this. They are few and far between around here :-( Have a great day and be careful out there!

Nedra said...

I hope you can make it to your Dear Jane group with all the snow. I wish we had a Dear Jane group here. We are even expecting a little snow by this evening, can you believe it? Everything here shuts down with just an inch or two because we don't have any equipment to deal with it. It usually melts quite fast, so no one is put out too much.

Nanette Merrill said...

She has lovely things. I'll be back there for sure. Have fun today. I'm wondering what Denise will feed your group? You'll have to take pictures. I want to see. Good luck in the snow.

Mona said...

This looks like a greate store. I am going to Los Angeles in Martz but i dont know aboute any store like this. If you know about any store in LA tell me... please... Have a nice day. Hugs from Norway.

Melinda said...

Looks like a fun place to visit!
Looking forward to more pictures.

Melinda

Related Posts with Thumbnails