Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Snowman Season...

It's been unusually cold here in Utah and we have had lots of snow....that means that it's snowman season!
That's okay with me because you know how I heart my snowmen.

Even though Christmas is put away...my snowy friends remain to keep me company through the long cold month of January.
I made these vintagey snowman boxes in December for gifting to some of my friends. I thought I would show you just a few pictures of the process.






















My inspiration for this project came from the very talented Elizabeth over at (Creative Breathing)...
...and of course from Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion. I sure miss that magazine don't you?
I'm so glad that I have saved each and every copy from the very beginning...I still look through them every now and again...and each time I do...I am always inspired!


post signature

16 comments:

Linda said...

The first time I saw them I loved them. Great job. Thanks for the tutorial.

Nedra said...

Those are the cutest snowmen ever! I remember seeing Nanette's box and thinking (again!) how talented you are!

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful!!! They are sooooo cute.

PamKittyMorning said...

I love those.. saw them on Elizabeth's as well, been looking for paper clay ever since! Where did you find it? I can't find it anywhere here.

Kimberly said...

Lori, what lucky lucky friends you have!

Sherri said...

LOVE the snowman...thanks for sharing your technique. Wish I had saved all of my Home Companion mags...have some. I did save every paper doll and art print from each magazine and have them all in a binder!

Cori said...

They are cute, love them. I love snowmen

Cathy H. said...

Your snowmen are so cute! I love to visit your blog, we seem to have a lot of the same interest! I also leave my snowmen out through January. I loved Mary Engelbreit's magazine, still have all of mine. I was so sad when it ended!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love your snowpeople--wonderful job and a great tutorial==thanks for sharing!!!
Hugs, di and miss gracie
PS heres a hug for Daisy!!

quiltmom anna said...

You are one talented lady Lori- I am always impressed by all the careful details you add to your work.
Thanks for sharing your process.
Happy New Year to you and yours.
Regards from Western Canada,
Anna

carol fun said...

Oh these snowmen are gorgeous! I need to play with this idea to add to my ever growing collection of snowguys. I too miss the Mary Engelbriet magazine. I won't part with any of my issues - glad I kept them all. Thanks for sharing this idea.

antique quilter said...

oh you always are making the cutest things
I love snowmen too, boy these just make me smile!
your so creative!
Kathie

Thimbleanna said...

Those are SO SO cute Lori! I've been wanting to make some snowmen just like those for years -- I know JUST the ME magazine that they came from too -- they were sitting in a cupboard LOL! (I just cleaned out my ME magazines cause the clutter was driving me nuts -- I hope I haven't made a big mistake LOL.) Can I ask how you attached the snowman head to the box top?

fialka012 said...

Krásné...

Nanette Merrill said...

hee hee mine is the cutest!!! I love mine. I've still got it out. It is still winter anyway. Snowmen still stay out.

FerrellGraph-x said...

Oh so cute! I just may have to try this fabulous idea!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer Ferrell

Related Posts with Thumbnails