Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine...

...is my husband ...or as I like to describe him... my go to guy and my better half!

To you he is known as Mr.Honey.



Mr. Honey and I are the same age...he is 1 month older than I am!
We met on the very first day of Junior High School when we were both 12 years old....
and at the end of that first day, he walked me to my bus and my heart skipped a beat when he held my hand all the way there.

We quickly became the best of friends...and we have remained so throughout the years:)
I guess you could say that we grew up together...and still are..haha!

In the above photo...we are 14 years old.
We were at Lagoon (an amusement park here in Utah)
Lagoon has a kind of a photo booth where you can dress up in period clothing and get your picture taken.
We would go there on a school field trip every year to celebrate the closing of the school year.
This was the end of our eighth grade year.
We loved going there and we got our picture taken there together at the end of every school year.
It was fun for me to pick out the costumes we would wear for the photo. Mr. Honey didn't care...he always let me choose. That's one of the reasons I love him:)
We still go to Lagoon, we take our kids every summer.
Last summer...we took our grandaughter there too...so now the tradition continues.


Now skip to when we are 18 years old...3 months out of High School.
This is our engagement picture...yes...we got married when we were 18!...this fall we will have been married for 30 years....my how time has flown by!
I still remember him holding my hand when we were 12...just like it was yesterday.

By the way...how do you like our awesome 70's hair?...lol


Okay...now skip through a whole bunch of years...to the present.
I think this is the most recent photo that just he and I have together. We are camping at Fish Lake.
I think we both look exactly the same...just a few more pounds and a little less hair..haha!
Or at least...our smiles are the same:)
But we are still the same happy go lucky 12 year old kids on the inside.
As for the outside...we have earned every wrinkle that we have and the best part is that we have earned them together.
Life is sweet and I am so grateful.

We were together when we were young and now we are together getting old....what could be better?

Ever since the 36 years ago that I met him...Mr. Honey still is my best friend and my Valentine:)

I hope that you wrap your arms around your Valentine today... tell your sweetheart how happy you are... and don't forget to let him hold your hand:)

37 comments:

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Wow what a wonderful love story with wonderful memories. I love how you had the photos taken every year, what a great record. You were clearly made for each other. Enjoy yourselves today!

sewprimitive karen said...

Those are wonderful photos. Your husband looks like a great guy! Love the frontier photo, 8th grade. Happy Valentine's Day!

Sparky said...

Happy Valentines day...your blog is sew much easier to read..a joy to visit..what a great looking couple you are then ..and now...

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How lovely for you to share this with us. I wish you and yours a Happy Valentines Day.

trish said...

What a sweet post Lori. :o)
I just love how the two of you have been together for so many years. And beginning your lives at such a young age. Adorable pictures!! :o)
Have a Happy Valentine's Day.
Sincerely, Trish

Dorian said...

Congrats Lori, that is so wonderful! And so special too, especially in this day and age full of divorces. Have a wonderful day.

Funoldhag said...

What a sweet valentine to your Mr. Honey! I would say you and he got it right! I wish you many, many more Valentine Days! Carol

Anonymous said...

Thank you fro nice story.
I loved your pictures from Japan.
My Mr.Honey is from Oregon
and met him here in Japan 16 years ago.
I've been in love with him
I had really nice valentine's day today with him.
http://blog.livedoor.jo/rosekiss1/

Nedra said...

Lori, those are the best pictures ever. Love the hairstyles, and to see how you and Mr. Honey have grown up together.
Happy Valentines Day!

Thimbleanna said...

Awwww, that's SO CUTE!!! You're adorable Lori -- and so is Mr. Honey! Happy Valentine's Day to the LoveBirds!!!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

So sweet! Happy Valentine's Day, Lori!

Ariane said...

What a wonderful post. It's so great to see your pictures of when you are young and now. You both still have that wonderful sparkle between you. You can see it in your pictures. My husband and I have been together since I'm 16 and got married when I was 18. We are best friends too and have been married for 15 years now. I can't wait to see our pictures at 30 years. Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Leah said...

Thank you for sharing your love story. I really enjoyed reading it and seeing the pictures. Happy Valentines Day to you both!!

VickiT said...

Awwwwww how sweet and from one of your most sappiest readers ~ I loved reading your story. The music playing combined with reading it made me cry. TOLD you I'm probably your sappiest readers. LOL What's funny is that 11 yrs ago I would not have had the same reaction but this month 11 yrs ago I met my soulmate and I had found each other online of all places and he moved closer to me and two yrs later we were married. I am now the happiest I've ever been and now reading things like this make me tear up. ugh.

Signed ~
sappy reader who needs a tissue now

Darlene said...

A terrific love story - thank you for sharing.

I believe it's very important to be married to your best friend!

Happy Valentine's Day, Lori.

9patchnurse said...

Fantastic love story!

Rae Ann said...

This is the fariy tale story that ever girl dreams of... all about True Love... and you are living it! I adore the pictures of you both throughout the years. You and Mr Honey are the sweetest little
"Sweethearts" I know! <3 XOXO

PamKittyMorning said...

Love the photos!! Happy Valentine's Day to you and Mr. Honey! 30 Years.. holy cow.

A Plain Path said...

Very sweet love story!

Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing, what a sweet love story.

Ina said...

The Farrah Fawcett hair!! Yes, I remember those days. ;0

You grew up together and didn't grow apart. Now, that's something beautiful! :)

Brenda said...

What a wonderful post. Best wishes for many, many more Valentine days together.

Heartsdesire said...

Aaaww, you guys look so cute together, and so happy too! Have a great Valentine's Day.

pratima said...

So sweet!!! It is the cutest love story ever... thank you for sharing :)
Cheers to many many more happy and love filled years to come. Wish you a very Happy Valentine's day!

Kate said...

Oh, how I do love love stories that turn out so wonderfully. I, too have been married to my school sweetheart for almost 43 years and it has been wonderful growing "old" together. Funny, neither one of us feels old. It also seems to us just like yesterday that we first met and fell in love. Happy Valentine's Day to a cute couple.

Linda Ruthie said...

Such a sweet story for Valentine's Day.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I've been holding my Worker Bee's hand off and on all day. We didn't do anything special, just spent time together. I love your "vintage" picture. You guys were (and are) so cute!

Thank you for sharing this sweet story with us.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Lori, we met our sweeties in the same grade. 7th grade for us and have been married for 37 years in June. My best friend and I love your story. May you be blessed with many more years to come.

Katrina said...

I too married my sweetheart 39 years ago, we went to high school together, met there and have never looked back. I too was 18 as was my hubby when we got married, in fact we married on my 18th birthday. It is wonderful growing up together , raising 4 children and now loving 9 grandchildren. You look like a wonderful couple and I hope your as happy as we are. Thank you for sharing.

Bethany @happyhomemakerme said...

What an amazing history with your honey, Lori! I loved reading this. So sweet!

♥ Bethany

www.happyhomemaker.me

Renea said...

You could have wrote my "valentine" and my history. We met when we were 13 years old and in the 8th grade. We were married when we were 18 yrs. old and have been married for 33 years. What a great story we both have!!!

Patty said...

Congratulations! You guys are so young and so cute. I love the hair styles on your photo...both of you with curly hair! A wonderful story, thanks for sharing.

dream quilt create said...

That is so sweet......one of my favorite posts that you have done ♥

Sew A Little Happiness said...

Adorable! Thanks for sharing! I love Lagoon! I miss Lagoon! May you have many happy years and Happy Valentines together!

I received my patterns today!
What a fun VALENTINES SURPRISE!
THANK YOU,THANK YOU!

"Welcome to my World" Love it!
I'm thinking about "Home Sweet Home" where I grew up! I can't help but think about Pine Trees, beautiful mountains and Family!

Love, Brenda

Nanette Merrill said...

What an inspiring story. Really. I love the fact that love can never fail when you keep it alive and feed it with good works. You're pics are so incredibly sweet.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

So sweet :o) Happy Valentine's to you and your Mr. Honey :o)
Oh my! What a lot of amazing, beautiful quilts you have created!!! I am a novice quilter...actually, I have more UFO's than completed projects....so would that make me a professional UFOer?

So fun looking at around and love all your music :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
If you get a chance to stop by, please leave a comment so that I know that you were there.

Kayleen@TheJohnsonHome said...

I love that memory. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. I think that in the 8th grade photo Mr. Honey looks a lot like son #2.

Related Posts with Thumbnails