Thursday, February 10, 2011

Playing with Fabric...

Above are a few of the fat quarters that I added to my stash this week.

I rarely buy a larger piece than a FQ unless I have a specific purpose for it....
Of course I have to fall in love with the fabric before I choose to make a purchase... and the number one way that I choose to buy a piece is by it's color.
Yes, girls...color rules my world!
The print becomes a close second.
I usually leave the FQ's out for a bit to enjoy before I put them away on my shelves.


I love to pair them up with each other....it's fun for me to play with them....and to see which ones (that i think) go together.



New fabric is sew inspiring! ....it's a sure way to get the ideas rolling around in my head.

I always have to stack and re-stack fabric in an order of color and texture that makes me smile:)

I know you do too!

On another note.....Painful Owie = Hello Kitty.
I cut my finger as I was pulling a bolt of fabric off the shelve at one of the quilt shops.
A staple inside of the bolt really got me!

Be careful out there in the fabric world girls...it's a dangerous place.
Have a quilty kind of day!
xx
Lori

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the hardest thing for me is picking up what goes with what fabrics. I always have lots of white to keep me grounded. I love your no fear colour choices.

Susan said...

Wow. Same thing happened to me with the staples on a bolt of fabric in Hobby Lobby in Houston. Lucky for me, they had some band-aids over at the cutting table. (Maybe I wasn't the first one this happened to over there?) Golly, I was scared I was gonna bleed all over the fabric. :) Well, I had a good story to tell the grandkids.

Mommarock said...

But, even the bandaid is stylish.

Nedra said...

Not a surprise that you would make even having a cut finger cute.
Hello Kitty.

Sandy said...

Love your new fabrics and your pairs together...sweet!
Cute band-aid! Ouch!

Rae Ann said...

Love all those gorgeous fabrics that you brought home. Can't wait to see what you do with them!
Love those Hello Kitty band-aids!

Nanette Merrill said...

Lovely fabrics. I owe you an email.

Mary said...

Your shopping bags are lighter when you come home to hide them with buying Fq's. I go to my LQS for Fat Quarter Friday when I need my fix... Sorry you got a staple on the bolt. I sprained my wrist once and had to rest it way too long. I'm glad you had a cute bandaid to put on it.

Micki said...

The fabrics are just lovely!
Micki

Sara said...

Glad you came out safely from that nasty staple;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails