Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Bee in my Bonnet Row Along...Row 12 - Sewing Baskets!!!


Good Morning cute people!
Thanks sew much for tuning in for row 12 of the


Today we are making sewing baskets to go with our cute row of spools:)



Layout your pieces...


Begin by sewing the half square triangles onto the sides 
of the basket and basket bottom....
trim...


Press towards the triangles.


Sew the remaining squares onto the sides of the basket bottoms like this.


Now sew the bottom basket section to the top basket section.
You can see that my seams don't line up and it bothered me enough to "unsew" it and fix it later...:)


Now sew the handle sides to the white
background piece.


Then add the top.


Next add the background sides...


and sew the handle section to the basket section for your first basket block!!!!

YaY!!!!



Now cut more basket/handle combos from your stash ...


and stitch them up for a total of 7 cute sewing baskets.


Cut background strips for sashing and sew them between the baskets as you join them together in a row.
As always...
add larger sashings on each end and trim your row to measure correctly.
Cut 2 strips and sew to the top and the bottom of your basket row.


Now you have a sweet row of sewing baskets for your quilt!


We are getting near the end of the rows!!! 

 If you are behind...
catch up quick before summer gets here and the row along ends:)

***EDIT
The row along has ended!
The pattern for this quilt, several more quilts and blocks are in my new book! 
Now you can reserve your copy of my book 
"Quilty Fun"

Don't forget to post your rows on the 
we all love to see them!!!
Have a quilty kind of day...
xx
Lori


21 comments:

Sherri said...

They are too cute! I just made my spools tonight so I would be ready for this row!

PamKittyMorning said...

Adorable! Can't wait to pick my fabric!

Anita said...

Lovely!

circle r motel said...

Lori - The row of baskets is darling! Thanks so much for doing this project. I know its been a lot of work on your part. It's been just wonderful.

Anna said...

What a beautiful work... and thank you very much for your DIY.
A hug.
Anna

Sheila said...

I agree. You have put a lot of work into this row along. Such sweet rows! Please know that I appreciate your patient tutorials for each one. I've leaned a lot about piecing and I'm having a wonderful time. Thank you, Lori.

Nedra said...

I'm starting on these today!! Love your sewing baskets, Lori. (and it's fun to have a peek at your kitchen.

barncat (Lisa) said...

Such cute little baskets! Sorry to know the rows are coming to an end, but wanted to say thanks so much for your great row a long. It's been so fun!

Lois (AKA Onnie) said...

This is just the cutest quilt ever. Ever. I love it. Just wish I had caught it when you started. darn.

Bev said...

Oh wow. I'm kind of sad that we are nearing the end! I really look forward to this. Selfishly, I ask, are you going to do another one? :)

Cheery wave!
Bev

Celeste said...

So cute. Can't wait to start these cuties.

Celeste said...

Can't wait to start these cuties.

Nicole said...

Fantastic tutorials Lori, when I pick up sewing again I want to make my own quilt :-)

Lynn said...

Love your row alongs but I can't help but to notice the wall colors behind your table! I LOVE them, they butter with aqua?! Love it!

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I think that the most fun part is picking out the fabrics for each block. I am loving this quilt along... can't wait to start assembling my baskets!

Unknown said...

I have had such fun making this quilt....thank you for everything you have done for it.

Missy Shay said...

I love these blocks! My husband fusses at me if I have too many projects going on at once, so I have to finish one thing before I can start another, but the good news is I just finished my Great Granny square top using your directions, and taught it to a couple of friends at church too! I've been pinning all of these tutes to make later!

Ansje said...

Love them!
One finished, moving right along :)

Connie said...

You are one talented chick!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Lori!

Thought I would make a visit to knowing it would be a wonderful visit! LOVE all that you are busy at! You are such an inspiration! Wish I lived in Utah to sew with you!

Thinking of ya!
Hugs,
Maryjane

Unknown said...

Count me in on the Farmers Wife sew along. Great and wonderful quilt. Would love to try it myself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails