Sunday, June 30, 2013

Kitchen Love...A New Pattern!!!...


My new pattern for the kitchen canisters is ready!!! 
The pattern is called 
and it took me quite a while to finish it up because
 I kept on making projects to add!
I finally just had to stop because 
I seriously couldn't fit one more thing 
into the pattern:)

I really love making things for my kitchen and
 for other kitchens as well in the form of gifts:)


Included in the pattern is are my Day's of the Week dishtowels.
I used ready made flour-sack dishtowels by
and sewed fabric along the bottom after embroidering
 the days of the week with perle cotton. 



As well as dishtowels for hanging on the oven door.
The top is made using my large 
and
 I sewed rid-rac and my new ribbon along the bottom for trim.



A hot pad stitchery pattern is included
"Farm Fresh"
I used my Circle Ruler to sew a perfect circle after stitching.



Another fun little project is a fabric bowl!
I used my small Hexie Half Ruler for the bottom and
 my small Thimble Ruler for the side sections.



This would make a great little gift basket filled with all kinds of goodies..
or even a fun thread catcher.
I'm using it my kitchen to hold my mini
 "Hot Hexie's"
which I'll be telling you about in a minute.



The bowl is fast and easy to construct.
You just need 14 - 5" squares and some leftover batting.



I also used my 
to make these fun
"Strawberry Squared" potholders.



The back becomes quilted at the same time the strawberry top is sewn on.



Now for my large "Hot Hexie" potholders.
These are so fast and easy to make!
30 minutes tops including sewing on the hanging ring.
All you need is the large
 3 - 10" squares of fabric and a 10" square of insul-brite.



One 10" square is for the back, one for the front, and one for the pocket!
The pocket on these Hot Hexies make it easy to 
slip your hand inside for folding when 
taking something hot out of the oven...
and is also perfect for gifting!



I think they are cute on their own ...



And even cuter filled with a few kitchen goodies for a fun gift.



Of course I made small ones using 5" squares 
along with my small Hexie Half Ruler.
I added a little bit of ribbon to these for extra cuteness:)

The small size is perfect for protecting your fingers while 
using the microwave!



The pocket is perfect for an herbal tea bag and sweetener 
or a small packet of hot cider or cocoa.



They are also the perfect size to use as a coaster!



There are so many possibilities for things
 to place in the cute little pockets:)


Didn't I tell you that 
I love to make things for my kitchen?????

Just take a look!!!





























by
Lori Holt
of 
Bee in my Bonnet



I hope you like my new pattern as much as I do!
Tell me if you think these would look cute in your kitchen too:)
I'm planning on making projects from 
"Kitchen Love" for
 Christmas gift giving to friends,
 co-workers and neighbors.
Let me know what you think!

xx
Lori


54 comments:

Rita said...

wow, i love your new 'kitchen love' patterns. each one is so stinkin' cute, and so very useful. yes, they would make wonderful gifts throughout the year. your fabrics really enhance each project -- very clever!

Kristy said...

So the cuteness factor is very high! Love them all! Very intrigued by the fabric bowl. I have made that shape a different way. So now I see how cute yours is and I want to try that way too! Very sweet stuff. Thanks for tempting us as usual! :-) K-

dream quilt create said...

Oh, everything is just too cute!!!!! I love it and want it all! My kitchen is red and aqua :) I really want to buy the pattern and some of the rulers.....I will soon. I'd love to make some of those adorably cute things for Christmas gifts also :)

Kathryn said...

What a variety of projects you are tempting us with. I especially like your dishtowel. Thanks.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

You just make me smile. Grin even! My husband will say why do you have that look on your face and I'll tell him I visiting you. Yes, he doesn't understand. But I bet you do!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I can see that I need the pattern and a stack of FQ's from the Bake line!

Becca said...

These are great, thanks for sharing, love the fabric

Vickie E said...

Very innovative stuff in this pattern. Love the strawberry squared potholder best :)

ipatchandquilt said...

Fabulous set! Love your kitchenalia!!!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Anita said...

Very cute! Love the jars :)

Jolana said...

So great and really very cute kitchen project!! A love everything. That is true - super idea for nice presents! :) Jolana

Amy DeCesare said...

Wow! You've been busy in the kitchen! I must tell you that Bake Sale is my new favorite line - I've just gotten some and have almost as many ideas as you do for using it. It's just fabulous!

Debby said...

What a great pattern!! Each thing is just as cute as the next!!!

StitchCraft said...

So glad you put them into a pattern. I saw the canisters at Quilt Market and was asking around the booth for a pattern. I'll be adding these patterns for sure!!!

antique quilter said...

ok this post just made me smile! love all these cute kitchen things :)
Kathie

pens and needles said...

My church women's group is working on items for our bazaar coming up in November. I think I need to make some of these adorable items -- if I can bear to part with them, once they're made! SO cute!

Julianne said...

So cute, and perfect for gifting

Pam in IL said...

They all are so darn cute! Great gift ideas too. I want them all for myself as well.

Sasha said...

Squeeeeee!!!! You're killing me with all of these super cute patterns! Have I mentioned how much I love Bake Sale? I would love to make these for gifts, but I'm going to be greedy and dress up our kitchen first lol!!!

JudyC said...

Oh, thank you for my Christmas inspiration. I have been looking for something for my new DIL who has nothing cute for her kitchen, plus those gifts for teachers, neighbors, hair stylist.....list is endless!!!

quilter000 said...

Oh Lori these are too adorable!! I want them all!! I really want the fabrics too. Where can I get them all at and the fabric? Thanks for your wonderful talents and creative mind. Patty

Cassie said...

Absolutely adorable! Makes me want to go do some baking in my sewing room! :) Thanks for such sweet patterns!

Rhonda D. said...

Love your Kitchen Love patterns. My kitchen is red & white, and these would be great. I also see
a lot of cute Christmas gifts!

Bonniedoo said...

love the patterns!!

Unknown said...

just ordered this cute pattern....can't wait to get started

Mary Ann said...

Everything you made is just wonderful and sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

here's what I think ... I think this pattern is EXCELLENT in all ways! I, however, cannot purchase it until I finish at least one of the last two I've purchased from you!!! So hold onto one for me Lori, and I'll finish my quilty barns and cakes!
You are amazing. I want to come over and hang out in your kitchen.

KMSC said...

All your new kitchen items are so cute! I definitely can envision making some potholders for Christmas gifts for the members of my small quilt group. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Everything is simply darling!...anyone would appreciate the gifts!!

Rosie said...

Oh my! Love it! I had to buy one!
Thank you Lori!

Shayla Sharp said...

These are lovely--your kitchen must be perfectly adorable!

Tammy said...

I love it all. Everthing look so beautiful. I love your fabrics and colors. If I was the recipient of your christmas gift list and received this stuff it would be the best present I had ever received. Your recpients will adore this stuff and demand more...lol

Ana Sanches said...

Ownnn I love it!
So cute....

Deb C. said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I want to make 10 of everything!!!!

belarmina said...

esta entrada es maravillosa!!!
quiero hacer todo
¡¡ madre mía!!
saludos

Linda Robertson said...

Hi Lori,
I just love everything you make.
I haven't made your row along yet,but I'm going to start it in September.
I am coming to Fabric Fest in Las Vegas and I am taking one of your classes. I can't wait to meet you and spend time in your class. I am so excited I could just burst. Thanks for such wonderful kitchen things I am going to make them all. Hugs Linda

Libby said...

"Too Cute" ~ What great Christmas ideas ~ I am so excited ~ Love it!

Unknown said...

Every bit of it is adorable!! Great ideas for Christmas gifts too!

Kwilt Krazy said...

Oh yeah! I love it all, can you come decorate my kitchen :) We are remodeling ours right now. I definately need to get your patterns so I can make all these cute things for the new kitchen.

Carrie P. said...

so cute! you are so creative!

Cecilia said...

Super sweet and I love it! I saw those glass jars at Target and I now have to buy some to make up as gifts! How'd you get the cute knob on the top of yours?

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

What a darling post Lori! I love your new patterns! Cute as a button!!!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Yvonne Campbell said...

I really love the canister wraps.

Liz O. said...

simply adorable!! yes they would look super cute in my kitchen! i wish I was your neighbor ;)
have a wonderful day!
Liz

Nedra said...

At first I thought that Farm Fresh potholder was going to be my favorite, and then I saw the strawberry ones! Love them too! Very fun, Lori :)

Maria said...

I really don't know which one I prefer, I love them all

Unknown said...

Your things and ideas are all so
nice.
I love them all.
Greetings from Germany
Olga from
*hansundgrete-shop.blogspot.com*

Debby said...

These are so cute. Would love to put in my kitchen. The bowl is a great idea with so many uses.

Annemieke said...

Very nice, could spent the whole day in your kitchen;)
I have to wait for another order from your shop to arrive any time now , I hope. So have to make choices.
Groetjes
Annemieke

Mi Ha-Pea said...

I love this material. It is number 1 on the wish list. Love your blog!!! Thanks for inspiring me.

Sewn With Grace said...

Oh my word! Love it all!!!

Sigrid said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Just love all of your ideas, Lori. Can't wait to start making some. I can't even choose a favorite. They are all special!

Julie B. said...

Love the new kitchen items!

Merry said...

You did not mention ( that I could tell) where we can find these patterns at. Could you elaborate on that please? I love your projects-every one! And hope to make my own soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails