Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Quilty Fun is Having a Birthday Party and You're Invited!!!…Free Birthday Cake Pattern from Me to You:) ...


It's birthday time!!…
Who wants to make a cake?



Can you believe that my very first book
"Lessons in Scrappy Patchwork"
is turning one year old this week?






It's been such a fun year
I have loved seeing my 
designs from Quilty Fun
on all of the social media
 made by you:)

It makes my heart skip a beat
knowing that you are having fun
with my designs and bits of fabric:)



I wanted to celebrate by
designing another 
Quilty Fun block just for you…
and it's a birthday cake of course!
to open and download my
 quilty gift to you:)


Then tie on your apron strings
 and make a cake to celebrate with me!



Grab some sweet fabric from your stash…
 and start mixing it up:)


Don't forget to use your
to keep track of your ingredients!



Measure carefully until you get it just right...


Bake at 350*…
and add some icing between the layers.
Don't forget to place a
 cute little candle cup on top
 to hold your stripey candle.



Place your frosted cake onto your 
vintage cake stand 
and tie a sweet bow
around the pedestal:)



Place your candle in the cup
 and now it's time to quilt!



I quilted mine with 
diagonal lines 1 1/4" apart:)


I thought it would be fun to
 hang it from the mantle in my front room
because that's where several of my
 vintage cake stands are.


Happy First Birthday 




The party has just begun
because several of my 
Quilty Fun friends 
have played along with me
and baked a cake too!
YaY!!!


to visit the 
and the girls from 
It's Sew Emma
who are my BFF's and 
my amazing publishers of 
Quilty Fun!


There you will find the
 list of 
those participating 
as well as a link to see
each and every 
sweet birthday cake
made for our 
birthday party:)

Thanks to all of you
 for helping us to celebrate!

Have a quilty kind of day…
and don't forget to eat some cake!
xx
Lori

41 comments:

Jeanie said...

Thank you for the birthday cake pattern....it's really sweet (and calorie free.) And this really is my birthday month...very appropriate. I have both of your books and really enjoy the happy photos. Thanks again!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Congratulations! Very fitting that I'm working on a "Quilty Fun" project. I'm working on my own version of a scrappy Town Square quilt. Love the birthday cake block and I plan on making one to use to celebrate birthdays here in my house. :)

Nedra said...

So cute, Lori! I want to make one right away :) congratulations on one year for your book. Awesome!!

Sewn With Grace said...

Adorable! Happy Birthday to Quilty Fun!

Nanette Merrill said...

I blogged my block. It turned out cute as can be. Very fun.

Jocelyn said...

I LOVE this! Thanks so much for sharing!

donna said...

What a sweet block Lori. Thank you so much. This is going to be great for my niece Skyler Rose's first birthday next year.
Hugs
donna

Anonymous said...

One year?!?! So that means I've dusted your book off for one whole year! Guess it's time I dusted it off and then actually got to sewing all of those pages I dog-earred! Such a great book - it just screams creativity - like you! xo, Nan

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Thanks so much for your wonderful pattern. I can see a truly no calorie birthday cake in my future!

dream quilt create said...

Happy Anniversay Lori!!! What a cute block, and a cute idea for making the block to commemorate your anniversary :) I created a board on Pinterest for everyone's creative blocks and am going to make one or more myself. I can hardly wait to see your new book. Your are an inspiration to me and so many others!!! Thank you :)

Florence said...

thank you lori,,,,,happy anniversary ,,,,,,,great book and sweet cake,,,,,yummmmmieeeeeeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

Oooh I love this I am going to have a go at this! I don't think it will turn out as pretty as yours though! Happy Quilty Birthday! x

Kathleen Grace said...

Happy birthday! I just printed the delicious directions out, thank you so much for the gift!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I love your books and your birthday cake block. Your blog was the first blog I ever read. I started the quilty quilt along and then life got in the way so I still need to get that one finished. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Thank you for being so generous and sharing this fabulous block - happy book birthday x

A little happy place said...

Happy Birthday Quilty Fun. It's a super book Lori and I will HAVE to make this block! Sarah xo

Lorrie said...

I've seen a bunch of these fun birthday blocks on my blog reading today. Love them all!

krislovesfabric said...

Love this!And I love my Quilty Fun book ;) !!

Teatime Creations said...

Happy Quilty Birthday. Enjoying the sweet cake block.

LJ said...

Happy Birthday and thank you so much for the darling cake block. :)

Pat said...

Love this birthday cake block and Quilty Fun! Will you be publishing a book for your Quilty Barn Along? I hope so, would love to purchase it as well!

Cheryl Gamble said...

I Love your book! I've made an apple quilt and a quilt with the butterflies. Looking forward to a Barn Quilt book, hint, hint! Thanks for sharing the cake block!

Little Quiltsong said...

Thank you Lori for such a great book - Quilty Fun! Each time I open it - is like the first time - FUN! Thank you for this Sweet, Delicious Cake Pattern. Can't wait to 'Bake' one or more of them.
Congratulations on the 1st Anniversary of your first book - only you would know how to add a special fun project to celebrate it!

Anonymous said...

Printed it out and must share with my DIL! Thank you!

cpfrog said...

Happy Anniversary of your book.
Thank you for sharing the cake pattern. Adorable!
Many best wishes for many more years of creativity.

Swedish Scrapper said...

So so cute! Congrats on 1 Year, and thanks for the sweet pattern!

Sandy said...

Congrats!! I have my book!! It's on my list and can't wait to make something cute!! Thanks for the adorable free pattern!!

Cecelia said...

Happy Birthday! I just love your books & can't wait to make this adorable cake! Hugs!

Cecelia said...

Lori, I forgot to add "thank you" as you have once again made another fun pattern to us! You make quilting so much FUN! Thank you! xoxo

Maria said...

WOW a year already.. Happy First Birthday.

I bought the book and love it..

thank you for the no calorie cake block...

Carrie P. said...

I can't believe it has been a year already. Happy Birthday!

Stacy said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your adorable cake pattern. I always look forward to seeing what you will create next!

Bari Jo said...

So cute! Thank you! xoxo (Happy Birthday)

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Lori!

I am getting brave! I ordered one of your Jelly Rolls, Daisy Cottage to make a jelly roll quilt! My very first quilt! I am SEW excited! Thanks for your inspiration!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Renea said...

Thank you Lori. How appropriate to see this as today is my birthday. I love this block!

lovetostitch said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Thank you for the birthday pressie to US!! It's adorable!! and very low cal!!

Kim with a K said...

Thanks for the fun! Rainy day here and I've been "baking" all afternoon! Sweetest little cake ever...just about as sweet as you!

Angela said...

Congrats and happy birthday! It looks delicious!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Just bought the book today at Just Sew. Going to do your instagram sew along.
hugs,
Jann

Carla said...

What a sweet cake! Thanks for sharing

Jackie said...

Thank you for the pattern!

Related Posts with Thumbnails