Monday, January 4, 2010

Sew Night with Kass - Cupcake and Daisy

I'm sure that you have seen this book in blogland since it came out this past summer....but I'm just now getting around to talking about it on mine. ...Sew Darn Cute by Jenny Ryan.
I bought this cutey- patooty book at Material Girls about 6 months ago... and Kassidy has been drooling over ALL of the pages ever since.
Let me just tell you...the name of the book is very fitting.

We gathered our supplies for our Wednesday Sew Night during Christmas vacation to make these.....

..."square bears"...Kassidy's first pick to make out of the book.


We made the body's out of flannel and chose to make the clothing out of these japanese fabrics that I bought at Pine Needles.



...and here are the results of our fun time....meet Cupcake and Daisy.
Can you guess which is which?

This is Daisy....she is very sweet and shy.


And this is Cupcake...for obvious reasons! She is also very sweet...but not so shy.





Here is a close-up of all of the fabrics in the above photo...



































Sorry about the bad lighting on the close ups of the fabrics...I just took them tonight and obviously needed some natural light involved..lol...just remember the colors are much brighter like the pics of the Daisy and Cupcake which I took earlier today.

We plan on making several more projects from this fun book....the problem is deciding which one....Oh well, I'm sure Kassidy has that all planned out:)

post signature

12 comments:

Thearica said...

Daisy and Cupcake are so sweet! And those fabrics are aweosme! I have to check out Pine Needles!

Sandy Shirley said...

I love your square bears!! So adorable! Can't stop drooling over your fabrics! Wow! Looking forward to what's next!!

Jocelyn said...

How very cute! What a fun thing to do with Kass. I so wish I had done more crafting projects with my girl when she was young.

Rae Ann said...

Kassidy, I love your new square bears...Cupcake and Daisy. Good choice of projects to start with and a great choice of fabrics!
All of the fabris are simply adorable.

Kelly L. said...

What a wonderful relationship you have w/ your daughter - it is a treasure! Cupcake and Daisy are adorable!

Brenda said...

So cute. I think I will have to check out this book.

Nedra said...

I love that book, and have been drooling over it for some months now. Square Bears is on my "to-do" list. I think the tummy would look so good in Texture Magic!
The Japanese fabrics you chose are perfect.

Kim Walus said...

What darling fabric. I should have bought some of that fabric last time we were at Pine Needles. It's definitely "Sew Darn Cute" like the book and the Square Bears she made. I Love this post, too!!! Thanks for sharing!

dream quilt create said...

Cupcake and Daisy really are "Sew Darn Cute"! Those fabrics are gorgeous! I spent hours at Pine Needles. I bought some of those fabrics but didn't see some of them. I am still anxiously awaiting your line!

amy smart said...

Adorable bears!! And I love all of the fabrics. What a wonderful pile.

Also, I saw your paper dolls at Material Girls yesterday. As always, even cuter in person!

Nanette Merrill said...

So so so incredibly darling. I love them. I might have to make one for ALlison. And of course I LOVE the fabric. I got some of the same ones at Pine Needles.

Em said...

Is this your line of fabric, I SO LOVE IT! what is Pine Needles? YOu are so talented and I am wonderin if Kass is your daughter because it looks like she got the sewing gene if so!

Related Posts with Thumbnails