Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hangin with my girlers...

I love to get together with my quilty friends and have a nice long sew day....

On this day we are at my friend Suzanne's house...her turn to host what we call our "Girlers Group"...
All of us "girlers" brought our own projects to work on while we visited and had a nice lunch.

This is Suzanne ironing in her cute kitchen...
And Jackie...working on some applique...

And my friend Judi....smiling for the camera...in between projects:)

And Rae Ann tracing her pattern for applique...


This is what I worked on...my spool blocks for our Clothesline Club exchange that we will be doing today.
We were supossed to exchange our blocks last month but we decided that we needed an extra month to complete all 30 of them!

I took my applique to Suzann's house in a cute little vintage sewing box that I found this summer while Mr. Honey and I were browsing (aka me loading up my basket) in an Antiques Mall when we were on our anniversary trip.

I think this sewing basket is Cute with a capital "C"!

The graphics on the top of the basket are so vintagey sweet...and the basket is just the right size for applique...love it!
I promise to take pictures of all 30 blocks that I get in the quilty exchange for my spool blocks and I will show them to you tommorrow!
Have a great day everyone...my wish for you is a good long "sew day" with your girlers!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than sharing a love for sewing with your friends...

Funoldhag said...

Looks like a very fun bunch of gals!! And, Lori, I think your sewing basket is just as cute as can be. Wish I had seen it first!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Carol

Lois said...

It looks like a fun day! I have the same vintage sewing box in hot pink and think it is "cute with a capital C".

Nedra said...

How wonderful to see all of my most treasured friends all together. Even though I live so far away, and am only an "honary girler" I love seeing pictures of your good times together. Miss you all!

Sherri said...

Looks like a fun day...and such a cute vintage basket! It is fun to get together and sew!

Nanette Merrill said...

Everyone tells me about her teacup light fixture. I was hoping you'd get a picture of that. They are all real sweethearts. Fun sewing. Susann's kitchen is cute. I have some of the same dishes.

Sewn With Grace said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time, how very fun! I love the sewing basket, I would've snatched that up for sure. I've not seen one is blue before. Can't wait to see your blocks from the exchange!

billi said...

What fun!! I love the sewing basket.

Mary said...

That Sewing Basket is "Adorable" with a capital A. Wish I could tag along on a Vintage shopping trip sometime. And sewing with your 'girlers' would be fun too.

Thimbleanna said...

VERY cute sewing basket! Sounds like you and your girlers have a lot of fun. Those hanging tea cups are adorable too!

sewprimitive karen said...

The sewing basket graphic is adorable!! What is the story with that slipper inside it -- looks vintage? That is so neat.

Rae Ann said...

Girler Gang is the finest and I love the times we share. Thanks for capturing all of the fun so we can have an everlasting memory. Love our twinner sewing baskets!
Hugs from one girler to another ~ ;p

Related Posts with Thumbnails