Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nanette Day!....

This is my BFF Nanette...isn't she cute? I just love her!... and today was a real treat because she invited me to her home and made me lunch and took me shopping...

She gave me some little gifties...because that's what we do and it adds to the fun! Thanks Nanette...I heart them.

Some fun old favorite candies...


This hard to find floral lecien print...


This absolutely sweet strawberry lecien...

And another hard to find lecien stripe...yummy colors!


And a copy of her latest pattern...Freda's Flowers...which I absolutely adore. You can bet I'm gonna be stitchin up a whole garden of those!
It was so nice to see Nanettes beautiful home and studio....we had a nice long chat at her kitchen table over lunch....and yes...that girl can cook!...Just another one of her many talents.



Nanette took me to a cute little shop called Finders Keepers.
Tammi is the owner and she takes vintage objects and does a little cottage style make-over on them for resale.
A-dorable!
I loved everything in her shop and all of it would fit right into the style of my little cottage....I'll be going back there for sure...and probably frequently.
Thanks Nanette....(I think)...LOL


This is what greeted us outside the door of the shop....


and these twin planter chairs too.


Flowers and girly stuff everywhere...YAY!


Fabulous color combinations...



Beautiful lighting...


Great backdrops...



Comfy pillows...



Fabulous mirrors...(if you scroll up and look again, you might find me in one of them snapping a pic!)


I love this...perfectly pink and sparkly!
Thanks Nanette...for a wonderful day...you are the very bestest BFF.



post signature

23 comments:

Retrogirl said...

Hi NANETTE!

Lori, looks like a great time with a wonderful friend. I do hope you both enjoyed a lovely afternoon.

Can't wait to see your version of Freda's Flowers!!

Best Wishes & Happy Quilting to you both,

Heather =)

sewprimitive karen said...

Nanette is so talented!

Funoldhag said...

Sounds like a super day you had with your BFF! And what a great shop she took you to visit. Love all the pictures, Lori. Fun post!! Carol

clair said...

Hi Lori,

I was wondering...

I would like to purchase your Paper Doll pattern but every time I go to the Material Girls website I can't find it anywhere. I keep looking too. Can you send me a link so I can buy it?

Thanks!
Clair
clara.cann@gmail.com

Nanette Merrill said...

Aw thanks. It is fun to be YOUR BFF. We had a good time. I loved it. I needed it. I'm glad we had a day to spend together. I'll have to send my readers over to you since I didn't take my camera! Duh. Why did I do that. Anyway your pics turned out really good. I'm going to finish my post for tomorrow and then post my Quilting Cottage/fabric for Friday. I need to sew my buttons on tonight and get my quilts in the mail for tomorrow. Busy busy! So I'm glad we had some relaxing time, we both run from project to project. Thanks again. I had fun and I LOVE my gifties.

Freda said...

I really need to get that pattern as my name is Freda Henderson!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Sweet and talented quilters sure have fun hanging out together!

Material Girls said...

We missed you at "yo-yo mama's" but a day out with Nanette would be to good to pass!! Looks like you guys had fun.
Nadine

Jeanette said...

Ok, where is finders keepers? I neeeeeed to go there!

And also, I have been hoping for an update on your Grandmother's Flower Garden progress. I know you have a ton on your plate, but I would love to see how you're coming.

Looks like you two had a really fun visit. You guys always look like you have fun at your get togethers.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh what fun to get together with a best quilting buddy! And Nanette is just adorable! I love her blog too. :-)

Nedra said...

I am so happy for both you and Nanette. What a delightful day for both of you. Nanette sent me a copy of Freda's Flowers too, and I've already picked out a Bliss jelly roll to make it with.
Nanette's cute neices came into the store yesterday, and I helped them pick out fabric for their Freda's Flowers also.

Kim D. said...

Thanks for sharing your fun day with Nanette.. Looks like a fabulous day spent with a special friend.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Lori, you are so lucky to have a friend like Nanette. Two talented ladies together has to put good vibes going everywhere. The shop is really cute.

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

What a wonderful day with your BFF :) How sweet! Love that shop you visited to... so many things to tease my eyes with *grin*. Have a lovely day tomorrow! Hugs.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

I love Nanette, too! I can't imagine what would be more fun than spending a day with the two of you!

Sparky said...

I need a "live in your neighborhood day"...great pics, great friendship, sounds like great goodies too...
Thanks for including us...far away.
blessings ms

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Sure -- now you've made us all jealous LOL! Looks like you girlies had a great time together -- as it should be!

trish said...

What a sweet heart to spoil you so. :o)
And such a cute shop that you were able to visit! :o)
Your "package" should be arriving soon!
I hope you have had a wonderful week.
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Gigi's Thimble said...

Sounds like a great day! That is so great to have a special friend like that. I LOVE Finder's Keeper's too. I get things from there now and then. The main thing I got from there was my 8 foot tall quilt cabinet that's in my entry. I love it.

Oh, and I have to tell you that I love visiting your blog to hear the great music you have on here. It goes so well with your "style". It's kind of a treat to hear this kind of music that I don't get to hear very often.

Have a great day!

Stitched With Prayer said...

What a fun, fun day you had. I loved all the photos and yes...I see you in the mirror in that wonderful bright green display. That is a shop I could wander if for hours, so much eye candy. Loved the bike too. So many talented ladies (and gentlemen too). Nanettes pattern is just adorable, love the little flowers. Thanks for sharing your day with us. Hugs...

Joanna said...

Everything looks good, especially the turkish taffy. Enjoy. How does Nanette keep her fabric in such neat folds? So nice.

Carrie P. said...

OH, what a fun time you two had together. Always nice to spend time with a BFF.

pratima said...

Hi Lori, what a fun filled day you and Nanette had! Nanette is so adorable in the pic. Your blog is very sweet! I love 30s. fabrics and it's a lovely treat to look at your adorable quilts :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails