Thursday, September 23, 2010

Peachy Pizza for Family Night...

Every Monday night at our house we have family time.
We do all kinds of different things each week and sometimes we take what we call a "fieldtrip" together...but most of the time we stay at home....we read together...learn and study together...play games together...
yes....you guessed it! The theme is always togetherness!
After all, the family that plays together...stays together.....right?


The end of the evening always results in a special treat....made by whomever's turn it happens to be that week. This week it was Kassidy's turn.
She chose to make mini fruit pizza's using the peaches from our trees...yum!

All you need besides fresh fruit for the toppings are these 3 things.....plus coconut and vanilla.
Of course you could make your own sugar cookies which taste better...and we usually do...but this was a shortcut for family night!


Bake your cookies/aka crust...and let them cool completely.


Fold 4 ounces of softened cream cheese into 8 ounces of cool whip. Add a little vanilla...or maybe a drop of pure almond extract.


Spread the frosting/aka sauce on the cookies/aka pizza crust...and then lick remaining sauce off the spatula.

Arrange fresh fruit slices on top....we usually use bananas too...but we were out.



Sprinkle generously with coconut/aka cheese....and enjoy!


post signature

11 comments:

antique quilter said...

aren't family nites the best,
the memories your making will be treasured for years to come
Kathie

Carol said...

Sounds like the perfect evening! YUMMERS! Kassidy that looks delicious!

Sparky said...

How Peachy...I sew miss those days when all of my kids were at home. Thank you tenderly for a sweet memory. These look SWEET!
blessings msamm

Darlene said...

Oh YUMMMMMM! I'm going to make these for my grandson, Seth & Eli very, very soon.

Nedra said...

I've not seen these on individual cookies before. What a great treat!

Micki said...

That really looks delicious!
Micki

Browndirtcottage said...

Hey...that's not fair! I haven't had supper yet!! These look scrumptious!!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Oh stop... I'm drooling all over my keyboard! *grin*. I'm waiting for dinner but now I'm seriously craving dessert LOL. Looks so yummy!!

Thimbleanna said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe -- those look delicious!

Funoldhag said...

What a neat recipe. Love the picture of Kassidy licking the spatula! One of the simple joys of life, right? Carol

Nanette Merrill said...

Yuuummmmy. I have 1 half bushel of peaches to dry then I'm done with the fruit. All my pears got done despite the retreat. I have 2 boxes of tomatoes ripening to do more salsa. But that is it! Maybe Saturday they'll be ready.

Related Posts with Thumbnails