Monday, September 20, 2010

Vintage Monday...thrifting

It's been a while since I showed you any treasures that I have found while out thrifting...here are a few that I picked up last week when I had an extra hour downtown before an appointment....
The top pic was my favorite find.
A full size vintage sheet...in excellent condition! It will make a perfect quilt backing...or perhaps something else.


I also felt lucky to find 6 vintage blue and white tulip tumblers...

I love the graphics and they will go nicely in my kitchen.

And I never pass up the chance to add another vintage glass basket to my collection!

Another thing that I collect are creamers and I really loved this sweet little one...

I think it would be perfect on the table for serving gravy, salad dressing or any other sauce. Or how about using it to hold some fresh cut flowers?

And this vintage platter! It's so vintagey cute and is a very nice size.

Aren't the blossoms so beautiful? I heart vintage china.

My friend Jodi from Pleasant Home has a vintage plate collection of cities and states that needed an addition from Salt Lake City...and I found this one for her....do you think she'll like it?
All in all it was a good hour spent at the thrift store...one of my very favorite things to do:)

post signature

12 comments:

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

oh my gosh! I have a pillowcase in that fabric! Just the pillowcase, mind you ... and it's been well loved over the years. :-)

-Shelley

antique quilter said...

ohmy I love that green glass basket, it is just beautiful
how lucky are you to find that?
reminds me of my aunts house many years ago when I was little she always had mints in it,me I would have chocolate in it! Actually I would leave it empty to enjoy the beauty of it.
the picture is adorable too! love that handle!
Kathie

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

SCORE!! I love it all...but I too collect glass baskets so I'm especially partial to that one!

Pat

trish said...

What wonderful finds you have there! :o)
And so sweet of you to pick up a special treat for Jodi! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Anonymous said...

I love it all! Where do you go thrifting? I am new to UTah and haven't figured out where to go, other than DI...thanks,

Nanette Merrill said...

The tulip glasses are my favorites. Love them.

sewprimitive karen said...

Thrifting is the best fun ever; love the tulip glasses, so unusual.

Funoldhag said...

Good shopping, Lori! Pretty things. Sometimes you can hit it just right.

Carrie P. said...

Beautiful finds. I love those blue tulip glasses.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Lori,
Everything is just beautiful, but I must admit, my favorite is the Green glass basket...be still my heart. I can just see it with some seasonal fat quarters arranged in it! Of course, I can see it displayed in lots of different ways including just by it's beautiful self! Your visit to the shop was certainly an hour well spent. Hugs...

dream quilt create said...

Hi Lori,
How come you always find such cute things at thrift stores? In only an hour, too! I hardly ever find good stuff. I especially love the tumblers and the vintage sheet.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- what a great haul Lori! I love that cute little creamer. And how lucky can Jody be to have such a great friend???

Related Posts with Thumbnails