Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Quilty Barn along...Silo Barn 4 and Egg Basket Block Tutorial!!!...



I hope all of you are caught up after
 our short break because it's time to plow ahead with the farmin!:)
YaY!



6" Egg Basket Block

I designed a basket block for this barn...
it's really no surprise that I love basket blocks.
I always have to make a basket quilt with 
pretty much every one of my collections!
And besides...
every working farm uses them:)
Wouldn't you love to gather eggs in this cute little basket?


Okay...onto the cutting!



Background too!



Sew ...


Trim...


Press towards the triangles.











Sew Easy Corner Triangles onto the 3 trim pieces like this...
For the one in the center...
 sew... trim and press
 before you can add another ECT onto the other side...
















YaY!
Egg basket complete.
It should measure 6 1/2" at this point.


Now build a barn around your block!

I chose to build a gray barn around my egg basket...
for that vintagey weathered look:)
It's just the right shade to compliment the
rosy pink and butter yellow egg basket:)


Wasn't that easy???


Did you know that I have pink and yellow sheep on my farm?
Today they are hanging out in the loft...
I wonder how they got all the way up there?...
and how will they get down?...haha


Silo Barn #4 complete...


and onto the design wall to join it's neighbors:)

Next Wednesday will be the original red barn for the first quilt
and a block I named 
"Summer Star"
along with a fun and easy method for making
quarter square triangles!

I hope you like my 
Egg Basket block...
let me know what you think!

Have a quilty kind of day my friends...
it's good to be back sewing with you!
xx
Lori

Update:
This egg basket block 
is now in my book called 
Farm Girl Vintage.
I left the pictures 
in this tutorial up for those
 who have the book now 
and are doing the sew along!




21 comments:

dream quilt create said...

I've missed you! I checked your blog often and no Lori :) I love this new silo! I love the little piggy in the window and the beautiful basket!

Anonymous said...

Очень красивый блок! И все понятно!

Beausoleil Quilts said...

Great to have you back with us. Looks like you have had a busy but fun summer while you have been having a break from barns.

kcro62 said...

love it and I have some of the pink sheep fabric!!! :)

Kathryn said...

You've designed a great basket block. I love your barn series.

goecker said...

Really like those fabric combinations - like what you did with the silo too

Helen said...

I love the Egg Basket block. I will definitely use it for one of my red barns. Which I need to get busy on. Thanks for another great pattern!

Mary said...

I like the easy triangles you added to the top of the basket. Cute, cute!!

Unknown said...

Yay! I love it! So glad your back with us! I simply cannot wait till I get your book (reserved me a copy) this Fall! Thanks for the wonderful instructions and photos you post, they are great for a visual learning person! Have a wonderful day!

Lutka And Co. said...

Oh, this is so cute! I am almost caught up - starting just a week or so ago :) Thank you so much for the barn alongs. Your creativity and generosity are much appreciated :)

Jan S said...

I love the fussy cut sheep in the barn! Too cute!

pstarkey@suddenlink.net said...

love your blocks! Have had trouble finding your rulers and circles so if you can let me know where to purchase them. Peggy

Tammy said...

Love your blocks they are all gorgeous.

Yvonne Campbell said...

These are just adorable. I am going to have to make one at the very least.

Sandy said...

What a sweet basket pattern....and you always make the difficult sew easy!! Thanks for another great silo barn...I love the fabric for the silo and topper!

Sigrid said...

I'm so glad you had a nice holiday Lori, but boy did I miss you on your blog. You were right though - in my sorrow - I just sewed and sewed and sewed and got a lot done. I'm on my last row of the Row Along Quilts (7 in all) and finished my 9 Barns in the Barn Along Quilt and am eager to tackle these new cutie Barn 'Door' Along Barns. Welcome Back!

Elyse said...

what a cute blog you have here!

happy summer wishes

xo
elyse

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

You tutorials are excellent ! Thank you for taking the time to share your talent with us.

jan said...

Another adorable block!! I love the fussy cuts.
xo jan@sewandsowfarm

debbie said...

another great block and you make them so easy. I have to say you give really great directions. I actually have finished my barn quilt. I used 4 of each barn and used the tractor in the middle! I also took the liberty of using 4.5 in blocks instead of 6.5 inch and used them on the silo instead of for the barn door. I really want to thank you for the great patterns.
debbie

Donna Hollingsworth said...

I have never seen anything that you have made that wasn't great!!! Your blog is my favorite!! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails